What's new

Karnov2017

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, having an issue with my Time Crisis. Game is booting up, but resetting itself around1 minute in. When it reset itself, it will conduct a series of self-test first (which it passes), before booting through to the Namco page etc, before it reboots, cycles, repeats.

I have little experience with gun Namco games like this. I can get it into test mode and have tested the PCB & it passes all parameters on this as well. I have also tested the 12V (plug 1+2) & 5V (plug 2+6) using a MM at the plug and both are steady nor dip when the reset occurs, which was a surprise as i was certain it was a power supply issue.

As the PSU is sitting steady ( 12.2 + 5.1) & the PCB is passing all test, anyone have any ideas on what might be happening. Please note i am a novice

@mR_CaESaR didn't you have trouble with your TC1 and swapped a few boards around?

LOL, yes he did. I actually found that thread on Aussie Arcade & have contacted him already & it has me on the lead of the issue (hopefully).

We believe that the issue is likely the DSP board in the stack. Next week when i have some time i will remove all the boards from the cage and doublecheck the connections etc. The board has passed all the PCB, DSP test - so its a a bit of a mystery. Checking the board stack tho is the most logical next step & at least checking the LED sequence if the issue persist. I will come back and update once i have had a chance to check further

I'm making the assumption it's the DSP board as the last part of the boot when it's "waiting" and then reboots is the "DSP". Even though it's reporting the DSP is good, it might still be the issue. Hopefully reseating the stack and connectors is all it takes.

I'd offer my one of 3 dsp stacks, unfortunately only one works haha - if I was local, it'd be much easier.

I'm making the assumption it's the DSP board as the last part of the boot when it's "waiting" and then reboots is the "DSP". Even though it's reporting the DSP is good, it might still be the issue. Hopefully reseating the stack and connectors is all it takes.

I'd offer my one of 3 dsp stacks, unfortunately only one works haha - if I was local, it'd be much easier.
I guess you haven't found anyone that repairs these?

Joey can probably do it, but since it's not really a jamma board, it makes it much harder for repairs

So had some time to tinker with this a bit more.

Opened up the cage and re-plugged in each board carefully. Rebooted the game and unfortunately no change in result. I have filmed the LED sequence on the board as this might help someone smarter than me recognize the fault i am having. If anyone can offer something else we could try, or more clarity on where the issue lies, that would be great

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz0aM9YDG2I

Hi everyone

We ended up trying to get a replacement DSP board to see if that would work - but now when we boot it up we are getting pretty much nothing. The LED sequence is now just a single red light of the DSP board. This is the same with both DSP boards (old & new)

What possibly happened here? We haven't powered it up for a few months while we worked on different projects but now its worse. Boots to just a black screen (power to yoke) no sound

the 12v & 5V both were present at the plug

What should i be checking here? Gutted after waiting so long

I would replace the PSU just to be sure. I had a PSU for a Sega Model 2 game with a blown filter cap. Voltages looked fine when metered, but the game wouldn't boot up.

I would replace the PSU just to be sure. I had a PSU for a Sega Model 2 game with a blown filter cap. Voltages looked fine when metered, but the game wouldn't boot up.

We replaced the PSU with a standard 24V PSU and still same result.

The only LED we are getting on any of the PCB's is LED1 on the DSP, even then it only lights up every second boot up.

When testing the voltage from the back of the Plug we are getting a solid 12V & 5V. We even tried using the new PSU for the 12 and the old PSU just for the 5V, still no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Man this sux :(

The only other suggestion I can think of is to essentially replace the whole cage unfortunately :( it'll be an expensive exercise

Is there a way i can test off each of the boards to see if they are getting power? to me the top board above the DSP one doesn't appear to be getting any power

We have only tested the voltage by using the prods into the back of the plug at

Man this sux :(

The only other suggestion I can think of is to essentially replace the whole cage unfortunately :( it'll be an expensive exercise

Is there a way i can test on the board for voltage? i feel like there is no power getting to the cpu cpbs etc

I'm pretty sure the game just asks for 5V. What did you replace it with again?
Sorry miscommunication. The PSU was replaced with a standard 12v and 5v supply with no change. Upon initial inspection thought we'd need a 24v, but that would just be for the solenoid.

Back