What's new

Nebula

Professional
Reaction score
Last months I was working on a dump project . In this case the tool is intended to dump the internal ROM present on some MCU devices from the Toshiba TLCS-90 series.
Some NMK games, such Thunder Dragon, Hacha Mecha Figher and Double Dealer, and some other Jaleco games, such as Big Striker, use it and their internal ROM was successfully dumped using the tool.

mcu-nmk215.jpeg

If you have another board with a device based on this MCU, now it's possible to dump and preserve it. It would be useful to improve emulation and, of course, make replacements for boards using it.

Current known board with undumped devices are:
  • Avenging Spirit
  • E.D.F.
  • 64th Street
  • Cybattler
  • Chimera beast (it's a proto so finding an original mcu for this would be almost impossible)
  • Peek-a-Boo

The tool is currently released as public for free use at:

https://github.com/sergiopolog/tlcs90-rom-reader

Epic job guys! Thanks for helping preserve all these great games and their devices too.

@tovar if you're selling those games, please update your thread. I'll ping a couple of people to see who wants to buy.

Thanks.

64th Street. (Available)
E.D.F. (Available)
Avenging Spirit. (Reserved-sold)

This worked out very well in the end , the full board reversing has given many fruits such as this and the 214 bypassers!

Much appreciated that you took on this task @Nebula , it would of taken me another 5 years to get chance to give it a shot :P

PS:
The jaleco stuff should be common enough (except chimera beast) , before buying boards for dumping purpose it maybe worth waiting for DU members and others such as @atrac17 to check/dump the boards they have first and see what's remaining at the end.

Back