What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be thinking differently to others, but I think the first thing we need to do is change the setup to separate out the E:\SYSTEM\AM\romlists\multi.txt file into individual system romlist files so it will be easier for people to add their own sections/systems

Presently there is just one file with all of the rom names, and if we want to add to add/modify any games/sections, that one file needs to be changed, which is not ideal. It would be great if we could release updates/packs that are extracted to the E: without worrying about what other packs are already on there.

I envisage creating a base image pretty similar to the current one and then people creating add-ons similar to COINOPS

Would be great if some other people would chime in with their thoughts

What other sections are people trying to add?

Right now you would add a “pack” then just copy paste into the rom list and add a filter to attract menu, just two manual steps.

You can add a steam section for PC only titles, that's a big one. Might want to be more system specific like ST-V or Capcom ZN-1 / 2 etc

It would definitely help having separate romlist files.

Right now you would add a “pack” then just copy paste into the rom list and add a filter to attract menu, just two manual steps.
Which is fine for the likes of you and me; but I'm wondering if it could be more user friendly

Everyone’s tastes are different and it’s good to get comfortable with the romlist to remove whatever you don’t want even when packs are provided. Assume that roms would not be included in the packs.

Speaking of steam, that’s so many games.

From the manual, this is how to get the Lindbergh games working:

1. Press TAB on your keyboard when the menu is running.
2. Select DISPLAYS
3. Select MULTI
4. Goto the bottom of the list and select ADD FILTER
5. Set the filter name to be LINDBERGH <<< it has to be capital letters, this exact text
6. Select ADD RULE and you want these options
--TARGET = EMULATOR
--COMPARISON = EQUALS
--FILTER VALUE = LINDBERGH << This has to be capital letters, you need to type this one.
7 navigate to back (at the bottom of the menu, do this over and over until you are back at the game tiles
9. Navigate all the way to the end of the filters, past UTILS and Lindberghshould be there now.

I tried it, and all of them except Afterburner Climax seem to run fine.

Update to close CMD command.

275903224_677195460160544_3287762896610475664_n.jpg

Update to close CMD command.

275903224_677195460160544_3287762896610475664_n.jpg

Don't run cmd.exe, it's not needed, you can do it a lot easier and cleaner. Just put your emulator command in the run line, you don't need to run cmd and then pipe your command into it. Of course it will work, but it's just a messier way of doing it.

Try this

Run("e:\system\model3gui\supermodel.exe e:\system\model3gui\Roms\skichamp.zip -res=640,480 -fullscreen -new3d")
Sleep ("0xdac")
ProcessWaitClose(supermodel.exe")

You can probably cut down the syntax a lot if you wanted, This might also work for you, same result, slightly different method where you set the working directory first and then you can just run stuff without full paths.

FileChangeDir("e:\system\model3gui\")
Run("supermodel.exe ..\ROMs\skichamp.zip -res=640,480 -fullscreen -new3d")
Sleep ("0xdac")
ProcessWaitClose(supermodel.exe")

If that doesn't work, put the full path back in for the roms.

Last edited:
Don't run cmd.exe, it's not needed, you can do it a lot easier and cleaner. Just put your emulator command in the run line, you don't need to run cmd and then pipe your command into it. Of course it will work, but it's just a messier way of doing it.

Try this

Run("e:\system\model3gui\supermodel.exe e:\system\model3gui\Roms\skichamp.zip =res=640,480 -fullscreen -new3d")
Sleep ("0xdac")
ProcessWaitclose(supermodel.exe")

You can probably cut down the syntax a lot if you wanted, This might also work for you, same result, slightly different method where you set the working directory first and then you can just run stuff without full paths.

FileChangeDir("e:\system\model3gui\")
Run("supermodel.exe ..\ROMs\skichamp.zip =res=640,480 -fullscreen -new3d")
Sleep ("0xdac")
ProcessWaitclose(supermodel.exe")

If that doesn't work, put the full path back in for the roms.
ok, thanks for the teaching :thumbsup:

For some reason the decompiled NAOMI .au3 scripts are missing the much needed fastio.exe code lines. If you decompile one of the originals it has this and fastio controls work. With these scripts you can start the game but no controls!

Here are 20 or so .a3x files for NAOMI with the fastio.exe stuff.
https://easyupload.io/syyaip

For some reason the decompiled NAOMI .au3 scripts are missing the much needed fastio.exe code lines. If you decompile one of the originals it has this and fastio controls work. With these scripts you can start the game but no controls!

Here are 20 or so .a3x files for NAOMI with the fastio.exe stuff.
https://easyupload.io/syyaip
I can confirm that.., thank you!

I'm going to risk it and pulled my drive out of my tx3 to have a play with these files, while i'm at it does anyone know how to enable the lindburgh games as
@ShootTheCore already pointed out how to get this to work as described in the readme. If you don't have the Artax Readme you should get it as it has major information about main questions...

Rather than pulling out your drive from your TypeX3 you should rather attach mouse and keyboard and launch file explorer from utils to "play" with the files.
From one noob to another ;)

Yeah - I was thinking there should be a thread where the community could chime in on what they'd like to see in the image, and the first post could contain all of the links/important info

I had a different opinion on the naming/versioning though and don't see a need to include ARTAX or V4 in the name, as it will soon evolve into something quite different

TTX 3/4 COMMUNITY MULTI V1 <-- Thoughts?

This, 100%, but i wouldn't use artax v4 as a base for everything if you can get hosting. I mean, use it as a base, but make a fork of it to call it v1. Add a bunch of things, change a bunch of stuff, remove the nags etc, and then put out community multi v1. Otherwise you will just confuse the ecosystem...Shove a tile on the utils menu which says it's a community edition with the version number on the tile so it's clear what you are running. Make a logo or something and that way it's easy for people to know what it's running.

Personally, i think the way it is now with groups is the way to go, of course no one has to listen to me, but i think having things grouped by system is the best, providing there is enough games for a system. You don't want to clutter the menu with 100 different systems that might only have 2 or 3 games in each. For the larger ones you make a group on the frontend, like for example STV/ SYSTEM16/32/Model2/3 etc, anything like that which will have a decent amount of games, you give it a group, other stuff that doesn't, you just add it to the genre groups, like fighting, shmups, beat em up.. etc.

It's nice to have mame as a single tile if you want, but i think a big part of what makes this multi frontend as good as it is, is having each game on it's own square on the tile, with the controls info and the video playing, and you can see the next 3-4 games either side on the wheel.

In my opinion, just add every game from a system to it's group, and then if a person wants to remove stuff to customize, you just hash the line out of the romlist and it'll be gone next time the menu loads. Everyone's customization will be different, if you add all games and just let people remove what they want to remove, I feel it's better. Don't want a group? Just remove it from the filter and the whole group is gone.

This is where community help will come in, you have to tell people what you need, exactly, with specifics. You have people here who are tech idiots (and some who definitely aren't), that are willing to help, but they don't know what to do. Get the lemmings to work. You could smash out the artworks and info for the whole mame set in a few weeks if enough people contributed.

MAKE WHEEL ARTWORKS!!
Make lines for the romlist.txt

If people made the romlist lines, and the put together the artworks... doing the rest to add stuff to the multi is the easy fast part. If you want to pull the romlist and split them all, go for it, but if all the line info and artworks are available, doing just about anything else is pretty quick really.

Pick an arcade system.

Say STV

Document the lines, you need one line per game for the entire.

1. Download MameUI (you don't even need roms)
2. Goto the filters on the left and select SOURCE, then goto STV, this will show you all the Sega STV games.
3. Make a line for the romlist for each one of these to match (only do the parent roms, not the 32 different child versions that sometimes exist) (you can auto generate the whole set if you add mame to attract mode the normal way, i cbf detailing this, just google it, it'll auto generate lines for the entire set, but you will still need to edit some stuff.) You don't need the japanese title at the end, if you can't find the japanese title, then just add the same english title there again.

astrass;Astra Super Stars;STV;;1998;Sunsoft;Fighting;2;1.0002;2;;;;STV;アストラスーパースターズ;;

Look at my picture about this line from here, it will show you what it all means. It's basically
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...cade-pc-game-emulator-etc-how-to-guide.20875/

Make the entire list for Sega STV system, GET ON IT.

For arts, you need the wheel tile, they are easy to make, get my photoshop psd template ATTACHED TO THIS POST

Goto laucnhbox and search game. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/#s (tip, if you right click open in new tab on the launchbox icons, it will get around their anti right click thing)
You should be able to get the flyer and the logo for most games. Use the flyer as the background, save the logo, and then throw the logo over the top of the flyer to get a nice wheel tile.

Here's the one for Astra Superstarts, the example i gave.
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/28108

So, i have the photoshop border (that nice blue border around the outside.
1648365138610.png

I have the flyer for hte game, which i got from launchbox

Untitled-1.png

I have the logo which i got from launchbox

astra22logo.png

I paste the flyer layer behind the border layer, and i shrink it down to make it look sort of cool (keeping in mind the very middle graphics will be covered)

1648365252764.png

And then I paste the logo on top of that and resize it accordingly. DONE, wheel art

1648365300802.png

So for each game you need

- Wheel Art saved as png
- Logo (png with transparent background, all the ones on launchbox are already that)
-Video snap, for anything mame, it's already done and you can just download it. I have HQ versions of all of them.
- Line item for romlist.

So here is the completed things you need for each game (minus the video. )

These 3 things, line for romlist, wheel artwork and logo.

astrass;Astra Super Stars;STV;;1998;Sunsoft;Fighting;2;1.0002;2;;;;STV;アストラスーパースターズ;;
1648365300802.png

astra22logo.png

If you guys make these packs for arts, this multi will grow very very fast. If you leave it to one or two people to do it... it's going to grow much much slower. Try and use the game flyers for arts if you can, it just adds that nice retro touch and lots are available from laucnhbox already. Try not to use super low res shitty versions of graphics.

Don't beg for shit to be added, if you aren't willing to contribute.

If you get stuck with something about arts or the romlist line, just ask in this thread (or the new thread that gets created).
If you can't do the arts, just do the romlist., if you can't do the romlist, then maybe just get the logo icons ready, or even just make a game list for that system.
Regardless of what decisions get made going forward about how things are done, these lines and artworks are still going to be needed.

Attachments

• x3multiwheelbordertemplate.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Guys,
I created my Naomi from rom included inside with fastio support, and I added projet justice from original pack,
I share au3 and a3x inside my pack if someone see missing games can tell me.
and correcting Naomi error

If $fe Then
FileChangeDir("E:\system\AM")
Run("E:\system\AM\Multi.exe")

Regards

Attachments

• NAOMI.zip
    35.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
From the manual, this is how to get the Lindbergh games working:

1. Press TAB on your keyboard when the menu is running.
2. Select DISPLAYS
3. Select MULTI
4. Goto the bottom of the list and select ADD FILTER
5. Set the filter name to be LINDBERGH <<< it has to be capital letters, this exact text
6. Select ADD RULE and you want these options
--TARGET = EMULATOR
--COMPARISON = EQUALS
--FILTER VALUE = LINDBERGH << This has to be capital letters, you need to type this one.
7 navigate to back (at the bottom of the menu, do this over and over until you are back at the game tiles
9. Navigate all the way to the end of the filters, past UTILS and Lindberghshould be there now.

I tried it, and all of them except Afterburner Climax seem to run fine.
Thank you, much appreciated got them working, saves me buying the multi for my yellow 😁

I still have questions about why scripts are closing AM and fastio and relaunching them all the time. I don’t have a cab yet so I can’t test when and if it is needed exactly.

Well i've used the latest zip and got rid of the nag screens and used the nice front end video, i've got lindbergh games to now show up and virtua fighter 5 works, new issues i've found, lindbergh gun games are set to free play but i can't get the games to play, i've tried the button1 + start button but nothing happens, and i've been looking at the naomi games which do the same, i've only got about half a dozen on the list and looking on the drive theres loads but all zipped, going to look at getting crazy taxi added. anyone know how to add credits.

@Horris some of the games will need the controller settings adjusted in TeknoParrot. Maybe there’s no coin button set by default?

Naomi games — keep em zipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back