What's new

will8080

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have recently upgraded the SSD in my TTX3 to the new Artax 4.1 multi and all working great, but I've also been messing around with using Coinops Collections on another Windows 10 PC that I have at home and really enjoying that too.

Given that the TTX3 is essentially a PC, and has a spare SATA connection, I wanted to add a second SSD with Windows 10 and Coinops on it, and hopefully be able to boot from either the Artax Multi SSD or the other SSD with Windows and Coinops on it.

Is there a boot menu on the TTX3 and if so, does anyone know what the key press is to get into it? Most other PCs I've had it's been something like Esc or Del or F12 or whatever, tapped repeatedly on startup to access the boot menu.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Have recently upgraded the SSD in my TTX3 to the new Artax 4.1 multi and all working great, but I've also been messing around with using Coinops Collections on another Windows 10 PC that I have at home and really enjoying that too.

Given that the TTX3 is essentially a PC, and has a spare SATA connection, I wanted to add a second SSD with Windows 10 and Coinops on it, and hopefully be able to boot from either the Artax Multi SSD or the other SSD with Windows and Coinops on it.

Is there a boot menu on the TTX3 and if so, does anyone know what the key press is to get into it? Most other PCs I've had it's been something like Esc or Del or F12 or whatever, tapped repeatedly on startup to access the boot menu.

Thanks in advance!

Ctrl+alt+f9

Ctrl+alt+f9
Thanks Thomas, but that's just to access the BIOS settings. What I meant is if there was a key you can press as you can with most PCs that brings up a list of devices which you can choose to then boot from - HDD, USB, Network boot etc.

Thank you though! 👍

Thanks Thomas, but that's just to access the BIOS settings. What I meant is if there was a key you can press as you can with most PCs that brings up a list of devices which you can choose to then boot from - HDD, USB, Network boot etc.

Thank you though! 👍

Ah, gotcha. Guess that would be the shortcut instead of changing boot order in the bios. I haven’t tried that sorry.

All sorted. As far as I can tell, the TTX3 bios does not support a boot menu at all, all you can do is select the order in which it boots from the internal SATA drive channels by going into the BIOS via pressing Ctrl Alt F9 at boot, entering the password, changing the boot order, and then restarting. This is of course a lot of messing around every time I want to alternate between booting the Artax Multi HDD and a different HDD with Windows 10 / Coinops on it. Found this gadget on Amazon which fits into the spare card slot in the TTX3 and lets you select with physical buttons which HDD it gives power to. Hence, the TTX3 will just boot Artax if that is the HDD with power, or Windows 10 if that is the HDD with power. So essentially just a physical version of a conventional BIOS boot menu but even more convenient as no need to be tapping keys on a keyboard at startup. It actually supports up to 4 HDDs so you could in theory use this to have multiple Artax or other TTX multi drives in your Taito system and boot whatever one you want without having to even open up the case!

https://amzn.eu/d/iLjNuAM

You could always swap out the generic intel board for an old gaming p67 series intel board. It'd be like stepping into the 21st century.

Is there a source that gives you the bios password? My Google is not working at....

Back