What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
The sensors on the dance pads have a metal L bracket that goes between the arrow plexi and the actual sensor. Internally this is held in place with 3 screwes with washers and spaced out to allow the bracket to move with 3 metal bushings. The Andamiro cabs for In-The-Grove use a washer plate that connects all 3 together and provides a much more stable surface for the bracket to slide along. The result is less side to side movement of the l-bracket which makes for a more precise and more sensitive dance pad, it also would theoretically reduce ware. Since the Andamiro cabs use a different bolt spacing those washer plates can't be used. So I've designed and 3D Printed an integrated bushing and washer plate with the correct spacing for DDR cabs.

I haven't done any testing beyond dimensional accuracy but I would recommend printing at 100% infill for strength and using ABS or Nylon material for wear resistance.

0ccdb293045ea0f619e913dc1e26c568_preview_featured.jpg

be43445bb4b48ca24a481f6434618a88_preview_featured.jpg

you can download the file for this on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1291277

What's the general cost to get a full set of 32 made?

What's the general cost to get a full set of 32 made?
This is just a wild guess but materials plus electricity is probably about $5 or $6. If you have a slicer program they will generally calculate cost for you. the real cost is time... maybe like 10-15 hours of printing for a full set of 32. again, a slicer would be able to tell you exactly how long. I can produce a more accurate estimate if you're interested.

With that said. I don't currently have the right material for this nor am I currently setup for it. so if you want some printed you'll have to find someone else to do it.

Back