What's new
Make sure the IO is appropriately powered, but regardless of that, there are 2 buttons on the motherboard above the PIC slot. Using these you should be able to navigate test menus etc. You can probably fumble thru the menus to find JVS IO info/tests for your IO to see if it's even being seen.
I can confirm the 2 buttons on the lindbergh itself does not work with every game. In the game that did work was Virtua Tennis 3. I tested all of the Virtua Fighters and none of them work with those buttons nor the ones on my super gun. I did get a tip from someone outside of here on the exact jvs I/O board to get but yeah, my naomi 2 jvs to jamma does not work. It does work in the multi menu but only down and start. My thing is, since my cab is jamma, I have to find away to make some harness that goes into the new sega I/O I have to buy and convert that to jamma or somehow make my cab a jamma/jvs hybrid but I am not super adept in the JVS which that will be a learning curve for me.

I can confirm the 2 buttons on the lindbergh itself does not work with every game. In the game that did work was Virtua Tennis 3. I tested all of the Virtua Fighters and none of them work with those buttons nor the ones on my super gun. I did get a tip from someone outside of here on the exact jvs I/O board to get but yeah, my naomi 2 jvs to jamma does not work. It does work in the multi menu but only down and start. My thing is, since my cab is jamma, I have to find away to make some harness that goes into the new sega I/O I have to buy and convert that to jamma or somehow make my cab a jamma/jvs hybrid but I am not super adept in the JVS which that will be a learning curve for me.
Also forgot to mention, every single game I chose automatically went to the test menu besides Virtua Fighter 5R which was searching for a network but I could not bypass that due to it not reading my jamma jvs I/O

I don't believe the jamma jvs adapters work with lindy at all. Just straight jvs.

The Sega ones should work. I've seen Lindberghs installed in Blast City cabs in Japan.

Well since I only have that Naomi 2 JVS to JAMMA, and it doesn't work then I guess it's confirmed that one doesn't at all for future reference.

I heard that the model Sega Naomi Chihiro JVS I/O Board 837-13551-92 works with all Lindbergh titles on the multi. Can anyone confirm or is there another specific model that would give me the best luck? As I was thinking about getting a Sega Type 3 but I don't want to run into any issues.

Well since I only have that Naomi 2 JVS to JAMMA, and it doesn't work then I guess it's confirmed that one doesn't at all for future reference.

I heard that the model Sega Naomi Chihiro JVS I/O Board 837-13551-92 works with all Lindbergh titles on the multi. Can anyone confirm or is there another specific model that would give me the best luck? As I was thinking about getting a Sega Type 3 but I don't want to run into any issues.
I always had good luck with them running my Lindy.

I almost certainly have some spare 837-13551-92 IOs if you need one stateside.

Attachments

• jvs jamma.jpg
    jvs jamma.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 31
I have spare 838-13683-93 and 838-13683-02 Jamma IOs. I can test them out with the Lindbergh. I'm like 99% sure they work.

I have spare 838-13683-93 and 838-13683-02 Jamma IOs. I can test them out with the Lindbergh. I'm like 99% sure they work.
For sure let me know and it would make a good checklist for people that will maybe end up in the same situation as me in the future.

I tested out VF5 Final Showdown (VGA) with an 838-13683-02 and it worked just fine.

PXL_20231101_215815622.jpg

Reactions: nem
Yeah, 838-13683-93 and 838-13683-02 are the v1 Sega JVS Jamma I/Os. They're pretty bare bones and just have a video amp (I think) and handle controls. They don't generate 3.3v or have an audio amp.

So in my testing with the Lindbergh Multi using Sega Jamma model 838-13683-93, there seems to be some kind of issue where this adapter disables SW1 and SW2 on the Lindbergh when playing certain games. I have not tested all of the games yet as I am only interested in playing Virtua Fighter 5 vanilla. In my tests, Virtua Tennis 3 is the only game to allow the use of SW1 and SW2. In the input test, all the buttons registered fine. I used a Neo Geo Aes controller and a Street Fighter 4 Mad Catz Xbox 360 arcade stick. I have yet to connect this to my actual Jamma loom but so far with a supergun, this is the issue that arises.

If anyone has 838-13683-02 sega jamma adapter and can navigate the menus and I mean all of the menus with no issue, please let me know. I want to play this game and every roadblock makes me want to play it more and overcome this.

So a breakdown.

Sega Jamma Model 838-13683-93 does the following.

1. Disables SW1 and SW2
  2. In the multi menu, only down and start can be used
  3. Virtua Fighter 5 rev B and C HD and VGA can be loaded into the settings menu but nothing cannot be selected thus rendering the game unplayable.
  4. In Virtua Fighter 5R menu can be accessed to get to input test and the start button for some reason, registers as punch.
  5. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown can be played after using the network settings I found here to bypass the net error.
  6. I replaced the batteries to the JVS boards. I own 2 lindberghs and I get the same issues here.
My theory is that the 02 can have some compatible code in its eeprom to work with certain titles released and then the 93 which was released later on carries newer code to run on later releases but it is not backwards compatible. Obviously this is for the Jamma version of this as I don't know how the raw JVS is but I am going buy with Jamma since that is what I am the most familiar with.

Back