What's new
Let's try to get these pre-orders done by next Tuesday so I can order the proper number of parts. Two weeks max.

Is this a one-time run or will these be available in the future as well?

I will just give the advice I give to folks when they ask this question - these parts/kits are all done by hobbyists - sometimes it's only ever a single run because low demand at the start, and then the hobbyist gets busy with other RL things, or just other projects.

If you can afford to do it now - its always best to get in early on these - just to ensure you get one!

Matt

Also parts are available now. Maybe not in the future. For example we found one supplier of the crystal as it's s frequency no longer manufactured.

Get them while you can people, there are a few things I have missed out on because I thought they would basically be available all the time, or new batches made and that was not the case.

So I have my stv mb, new DS dark knight multi, waiting on this repro sound pcb. Now to figure out the connections, and make up a harness, etc.

Since I will probably make a custom solution for my setup, is there info on where to tap line level output on the repro pcb? Also, does this sound pcb only output audio for nba jam and batman, or does it work for all games? Just trying to figure out if I need to adapt an rca line level switcher. Plus I need to make a power harness for this as well, yes? Apologies for all the questions, just havent had time to look into any of this yet :)

Maybe @Darksoft knows where to tap line level. After that an rca adapter is trivial. Then again if you are using a cabinet that has its only amp you can easily create a cable and bypass the cab's amp (assuming it can be easily accessed).

The only games that used this sound pcb were Batman Forever and NBA Jam Extreme. The protection chip is the same between the two but the sound eproms are different between gamed. The sound roms are on the sound board.

Yes. It needs to be powered with its own cable. The video will make it more clear. I post pinouts for the power and speaker connectors also.

Maybe @Darksoft knows where to tap line level. After that an rca adapter is trivial. Then again if you are using a cabinet that has its only amp you can easily create a cable and bypass the cab's amp (assuming it can be easily accessed).
I will check, but the goal was to make it as similar to the original as possible. tapping to get RCA levels, should be doable as well.

The only games that used this sound pcb were Batman Forever and NBA Jam Extreme. The protection chip is the same between the two but the sound eproms are different between gamed. The sound roms are on the sound board.

Yes. It needs to be powered with its own cable. The video will make it more clear. I post pinouts for the power and speaker connectors also.
Please put me down for one, Thank You.

I didn't see my name on the interest list. Also, how are their people that have already paid? Has a price been announced?

I'll update the 1st post also a bit later to cut down confusion.

comparison.jpg

Back