What's new

AgentHero

Beginner
Reaction score
20170423_102550_zpszsagsgz3.jpg
20170423_102536_zpsy1qcrh28.jpg
20170423_102550_zpsahemayet.jpg

Where would I find a cable that would connect this panel to my NAOMI system?

Last edited:
?

I don't get it, can't you just reverse the steps you made to remove the original control panel?

You will need isolated electrical wires...

Just Joking...

Do you have the original cabling that went from the Naomi JVS Io board to the control panel?

Do you even have a JVS Io board?

The original Naomi joysticks use 4 microswitches that connect the inputs to gnd. It's hard to see on your pictures what those joysticks are using.

The panel is a standard Sega one so the normal 5-pin + buttons 1-4 + start loom should do for P1 & P2 then the Kick loom for P1 & P2 buttons 4-6.

However what everyone has missed is they are not standard sticks......

Standard sticks normally have a single 5-pin connector for gnd and the 4 directions or 4 micro-switches - yours has two extra connectors??? Are they the elusive silent optical joysticks that cost a fortune but are weird to play games with?

if so one set will be power, you'll need to get your multi-meter out and do some googlefu

However what everyone has missed is they are not standard sticks......

Standard sticks normally have a single 5-pin connector for gnd and the 4 directions or 4 micro-switches - yours has two extra connectors??? Are they the elusive silent optical joysticks that cost a fortune but are weird to play games with?
nobody missed anything... they're crappy eBay joysticks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-Yello...566116?hash=item35bd1572a4:g:zLkAAOSwzaJX9BrB

the 2-pin connector is for LEDs and the the second 5-pin connector is just an alternate pin-out for the first 5-pin connector.

It's still unclear if he is having a jvs io board.
On the first picture, you can see an usb b connector unconnected lying in the cabinet..

Without one, it's going to be difficult to wire things up.

Back