What's new

nismopunch

Professional
Reaction score
Anyone encounter the below error before? Read through UK manual I have and doesn't mention. Game is Japanese version if that matters at all.

"Please turn off the power switch and turn it on again for system clearing"

It just flashes in attract mode but does not persist when starting game. Was fine for a few weeks and just displayed today..grumble. I did restart it a few times and doesn't go away.

Just throwing some ideas out there, but does everything else work?

Let me guess, the test menu is in japanese?

Just throwing some ideas out there, but does everything else work?

Let me guess, the test menu is in japanese?
Everything else works as I expected, just that I annoying message. yessir all in Japanese, but google translate ftw.

this is just a warning of cmos battery problem. check the battery health and just reboot the machine, then the message will disappear itself.
Ah gotcha, thx a lot! Glad it's not anything crazy. Just weird wasn't listed in troubleshooting section of manual.

So I finally got around to changing the CMOS battery..Yes I know late lol. The error still persists. Same message as before. Is there something I need to reset after changing the battery? Just realized Dion said it will disappear itself so maybe I will just leave it running.

update: after playing two races it froze for the first time on the attract screen. JOY!

Will not boot at all now. No video signal, no mobo beeping code, nada ?(

Last edited:
This is a PC at the end. I'd try with another graphic card , replace ram or even cpu .. .
Let's hope it's not the mobo.

This is a PC at the end. I'd try with another graphic card , replace ram or even cpu .. .
Let's hope it's not the mobo.
If I could dislike a post I would LOL jk Darksoft. I was a bit pissed off so didn't investigate further the other day. However today I was poking around and had the cover off with the HDD hanging outside and it booted. No error message and played fine for a few runs. Left it running for a while during dinner and what not and didn't freeze up. While it was running (idiot me) I was putting the HDD carrier back in the case slot on top and then it totally shut off. So I took a look at what if anything the HDD was pressing against and it was the mobo power supply harness. Turned it back on and poked the harness (idiot me) and it turned off. Either the pins in the connector are loose or the wiring is crap from being bent in one shape for a long time and did not like being moved around. The connector is definitely seated all the way in and is not loose. Will play around further and possibly test the power supply. I hope this is the actual problem and not the mobo. I have a Japanese one, and from what I've read the parts are all matched (Mobo, HDD, and Graphics Card) and will not boot on other mobos like the UK ones Andy built before (?).

Replacing the CPU/RAM/Graphics Card can be an option, however I think the replacement graphics cards are a little pricey so will try the other pieces first once I research what it can be replaced with. If it's the mobo then I believe I am officially screwed.

He's not going to be cheap, but I'll contact Andy Geezer for advice.

Kinda on topic a guy in the UK is selling a set of Max Tune 3. According to the listing the motherboard & GPU were swapped.

ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162418616359
Definitely will reach out to him if this becomes a nightmare. I think only the UK region N2s are not built like the Japanese one and you can replace components more freely. That may be incorrect as things I read on the internet aren't always true haha.

Took a break from this for a bit, but ran it today after cleaning and reseating pins on mobo psu connector. Running like a champ for several hours with no issues. Weird I've never had a problem with these connectors ever before..but then again I don't have any other PCs this old. Looked like possibly pins were backing out when the HD was pushing against the wire harness or it was just dirty. Either way updating this in case anyone else runs into this wacky issue.

Back