What's new
Want To Buy

Goros_lair

Student
Reaction score
Looking for a Ready to play primal rage board
Holler if you have one for sale maybe we can strike a deal !!!! Thanks alot :)

For what it's worth I see these show up for reasonable prices on eBay, but listed as "no sound". Chances are the sound is fine, the seller just doesn't know the oddball sound wiring. Pics never show the right cables.

Also prepare to pay for high shipping... it's, uh, large.

I see two on their right now, buy it now with MMAO. Make an offer!

And get a JNX rage adapter from his area in the projects section here. He also built me my sound cables.

Apologies for the hijack

What does the JNX adapter do? It's already got a filter board on the edge connector, what does the JNX adapter add?

As ekorz said, try to find one as close as possible, you won't want to be shipping it overseas, the board and the metal plate it sits on are almost as large as the wings on light aircraft

Apologies for the hijack

What does the JNX adapter do? It's already got a filter board on the edge connector, what does the JNX adapter add?
it moves the buttons around. Stock, the game uses P1 Start for both Start and one of the punches iirc. It also lets you plug in a cps kick harness and preserve the 2x2 layout on a 6 or 8 button panel.

JNX Rage - JAMMA Adapter for Primal Rage

i took your recommendation and got one with "no sound" for 70 $ slapped a cable on there and BAM working primal rage with sound ! id still buy another for backup but this is awesome ,no to dream of a way i can have primal rage 2 on my arcade without using and emulator (never going to happen)

Glad it worked out! I guess I'd have felt like a shithead if it didn't! But yeah I think those sellers just don't know how to wire it up; to my knowlegde those boards don't typically have audio issues like, say, cps1.

As for PR2, at least MAME4RAGE2 exists and you can play the dang thing. If you want an original just save up $10,000 and buy it from The Guru.

Or fly to Chicago and play it at Galloping Ghost, I think they had the other one.

So there are only 2 PR2 pcb's?
Care to share some more details and history about it?
Would be very interesting ;)

I bought my Primal Rage this way too. It was just missing the sound harness, which is super easy to build. I also bought the JNX Rage and couldn't be happier with it.

Double Dragon is another one you can find cheap like this, since many sellers don't realize that it needs -5V for audio to work.

So there are only 2 PR2 pcb's?
Care to share some more details and history about it?
Would be very interesting ;)
There's a couple, the staff working on it took the boards home when Atari shut their doors. More than one staff member said they just left them to get thrown out :( the build that Galloping Ghost has is the latest build known. There's a video on YouTube of another PR2 PCB but it's an earlier build, not sure which build The Guru has

Back