What's new
Want To Buy
Reaction score
Hi friends - new guy here. Trying to get more in to original hardware and so I think a supergun is the best way to get started probably. I am openminded but do prefer outputting RGB and anything with integrated controls/etc is a big bonus for me.

Thanks!

At the moment HAS and Minigun are your best options IMO.
HAS is 100% reliable with known-good parts, supply chain and assembly - you can’t go wrong.
Minigun is an open project so you are dependent on the reputation of your individual supplier for quality parts and etc - buy from a reputable maker like jcmorrisii and you’ll be golden
Other options feel like the Wild West, an untested Aliexpress supergun is probably a lot of risk for very small saving when many arcade boards are in the $500-$1000 range

Do you have any interest in building a Supergun? I have all the parts to build a mini gun still in package but I'm never going to get around to doing it

Understandable!

The directions are actually simple and clear. The time it takes to solder it is the thing
For sure - and with the understanding that getting in to this hobby prob is not the best plan for a guy without time to tinker… it’s definitely the time component keeping me from trying to build one

Thanks all - great suggestions in this thread and ended up getting sorted via the forums here. Much appreciated!

Back