What's new
For Sale
Has anyone from batch 2 actually gotten their order?
I checked in over PM to see which batch I was in, I filled out the spreadsheet in June '22 and paid in August '22. @XeD said on September 10:

You're will be the one of the 1st to be ship out. @Mirko will be making a post about some changes. I will be taking a back seat for awhile as another come up for me

Yeah I'm starting to get a little worried as @Mirko hasn't been on the site in a month, or posted anything in 2 months.

I got my banana back in February. I only ordered a banana and 2 sanwa buttons.

Xed has a real life and will come through. Be patient he is good for it.

Xed has a real life and will come through. Be patient he is good for it.
I've been patient for over a year. The reality is @Mirko has completely ghosted the forum since September. @XeD's reply to the situation was that he's "taking a step back". What does taking a step back mean when you have hundreds or thousands of dollars of other peoples' money? I don't just call into work when I don't want to go and tell them "I'm taking a step back". We all have lives. This has all the warning signs of turning into another ghosted group deal, just like Derick2k.

No bananas ?
I was hoping to get one to go on my afterburner stick ?

I love this project, the end result is so sweet, so I don't want to bring any negative energy to it. But I have some advice I've said before and imo bears repeating:

I've done aftermarket/custom mods for people for the last decade or more, and what I learned really fast is I never want to take people's money until I have something ready to ship. It's super stressful to have your cash and not have your product ready.

The flip side is it's annoying to deal with flakes who decide they don't want something when the bill comes due. But honestly when that happens I've never found trouble finding another buyer.

That's the seller side. Obviously on the buyer side it's nice to not have your money vanish and then just wait, and wonder. It's better for everyone really.

I would really encourage people to not back projects with cash up front terms. Even bad ass ones like this. Creators/sellers should front the costs of making things. And factor that into your prices, it's okay to make a profit on your time and work. But don't finance things with other people's money, it's just a recipe for stress all around.

(I have a project I've made 14 of, with like a 40 person waiting list. I haven't had time to make more in months. Burnout, getting busy, whatever, I get it. I do want to get to people, but in the meantime nobody has given me a dime, payment has only happened as I've finished them. So me falling off the map for a bit might be aggravating if you were hype to get my product, but nobody is losing anything but a little excitement patience.)

Last edited:
I would love
A banana shell ..
I have sourced the sega analogue stick
Serviced it with a new spring.
I have net dimm pi force set up.
And a Naomi cab.
I have a donor panel to get cut for the analogue stick.

All I need is a banana shell and the rubber gasket. The op amp .. so that makes the standerd sega Naomi analogue stick work ?
Opto board pcb is the “ doubler “

If you are in europe/UK you can get everything from arcadeartshop except the banana (and the gundam joystick, but these are plentiful on yaj/buyee).

sure there are bananas on thingverse but nobody does the bananas quite like Xed! XeD's bananas are the best. Here's hoping :)

Can I get one of said Banana ?
Can I get a link

Bump. Another week without any response or activity from @XeD or @Mirko.

If anyone else hasn't received what they paid for with this project, I'd appreciate if you could speak up.

Bump. Another week without any response or activity from @XeD or @Mirko.

If anyone else hasn't received what they paid for with this project, I'd appreciate if you could speak up.
One by one these projects keep halting and users disappear with cash. Real unfortunate.

I will be messaging ppl that have paid in the next 24h. If you don't hear from me and you think you have paid, send me a message. I will be taking over the order from Mirko as it seem he has hit a wall and I'm starting to have some more free time. We will not be supplying op amp or artwork as our deal with arcadeartshop has fallen through. I will refund that portion of your order if you have already paid. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Part of the delay was redoing the CPO. It's not 100% but I'm calling it good enough.
Top is mine
Middle is OG
Bottom is Codecrank

Sample

I haven't read through this entire thread, but am just going to toss this out there: if there is difficulty in printing/making the shafts themselves, injection molding is always an option... This would be a relatively simple mold. I assume the CAD for the shaft is fairly guarded, though.

Hey everyone, I met with ZeD last night, shipments starting going out next week. I’m sorry,,
I’m slowly returning back to work on this so please don’t worry and just give me time to sort out a few orders at a time so I can get the wheels turning on this again.

Let me know if you have any questions

Will there be any more runs on the bananas? I would like to purchase 1 or 2.

Back