What's new
For Sale
I’m still testing without the op amp we made it to level 22/30 so far without it. Let us know how far you get.

I’m guessing that’s advanced mode? I was able to clear advanced all the way through 30/30. Going to start on the expert levels now.
Correct, I couldn’t remember the name of that mode at time of writing.
Nice work on clearing advanced.
I believe @opt2not cleared all 50 levels of expert mode, but with an op amp

I believe @opt2not cleared all 50 levels of expert mode, but with an op amp
I did! And it was glorious! I haven’t tried the stick without the op amp though, so I don’t know how it feels without. But with the op amp the motion feels really good. I’d say pretty close to the original (if only I could compare it side by side).

Started filming for a YouTube video on these parts. Hoping to have it up by the end of the week.

Attachments

• PXL_20220308_235010408.jpg
    PXL_20220308_235010408.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 86
Managed to complete the game using the amp with the following changes
-R11 and R12 to 50 ohm
-R2 and R9 to 2k

Lots of fun, thanks again XeD Mirko and DragonMinded!

Now that people had the banana for awhile. Is there any tweaks/mod we should consider for the next batch?

sorry for my ignorance but is this control basically an analog flight/joystick?

Yes any analog stick will technically will work. To get the same feel as the original you need the Gundam stick and mod it or the JLK-GF2-EV

Thanks @XeD - I put my name down via the fb group.

Is payment to be made now or closer to release?

Here's the pinout for those wiring directly to the stick at the connector. I eventually figured this out from the posts in this thread, but @XeD sent me this fine piece of art which I'm sharing here for people to reference.

Luckily I had ordered a bunch of random YL, VL and NH connectors from JST before they faced their stock shortages, so I will make a proper harness on the weekend. At the moment it's wired directly to the pins for testing and in case of any troubleshooting.

wiringmb.jpg

Also, reporting my calibration values below, as wired directly to the Gundam stick. Converted from HEX to DEC:

LEFT: 35
RIGHT: 210
PUSH: 46
PULL: 236

Not sure how these compare to other users or the original stick, but it seems to run well.

calibration.JPG

And here she is mounted in the cab, couldn't be happier! I might have to find another cab to mount this one in permanently, can definitely see myself sinking time into this. I also need to peel off the plastic off the control panel, which will make the colours pop out more and install some arts.

blast_monkey.JPG

Cool cool.. Maybe I should change the order to 2... Hmmmm
I put my name down for 4 gundam boltless bananas.. however, I was only able to put my name down for one panel... I'll need 4

also, will we be able to get the op amps or is this something we should build on our own?

I built my own but still missing a couple of parts (the 6 way header and 6 way connector).

I don't think XeD and Mirko are offering the Op amp this time around so you probably have to go through the oshpark route :(

I built my own but still missing a couple of parts (the 6 way header and 6 way connector).

I don't think XeD and Mirko are offering the Op amp this time around so you probably have to go through the oshpark route :(
speaking of which.. has that package gotten to ya yet?

Back