What's new
I recently bought a Ringedge from user: iqmfhv7786
The auction was for Border Break with it's corresponding keychip. When I received turned out to be a MJ5 with a Border Break Keychip. No chance the seller wouldn't know about it. Such a shame!

Did you buy from Buyee? If you have insurance covered, Buyee will refund what you have paid (except shipping). Recently I bought X2 KOF XIII with key chip but when it arrived there's no key chip. I filed a case with Buyee and they asked me provide pictures of the items I received. After about 2 weeks they completed the investigation and refunded what I paid.

Last edited:
Did you buy from Buyee? If you have insurance covered, Buyee will refund what you have paid (except shipping). Recently I bought X2 KOF XIII with key chip but when it arrived there's no key chip. I filed a case with Buyee and they asked me provide pictures of the items I received. After about 2 weeks they completed the investigation and refunded what I paid.
Not accurate. If the sale lists ANYWHERE the word JUNK you are screwed Buyee will do nothing to help you even with the insurance.

I use Yahoo Auctions Japan as a last resort - I stick to retailers like Suruga-ya for game purchases (sometimes arcade stuff), and Top-Games for PCBs and the like. I also use the proxy From Japan rather than Buyee, and I've been an avid customer of theirs for the better part of three years and place an order usually twice a quarter. I've never been let down by Suru, Tops, or From Japan.

Often when I've ordered high dollar games from Suruga-ya, for example, when FromJapan gets the game in I've had them step in on my behalf and haggle a deal in my favor. I got a copy of Metal Slug X on Neo-Geo AES a while back and they haggled the price down $600 (I didn't even request this) from the retailer because of a SMALL blemish on the cart. It's otherwise near mint.

If The Emporium has what I'm looking for in stock, I order direct from them. They will also work with you to locate hard to find items.

95% of my game purchases are from Suru, Emporium, or Tops with FromJapan as the proxy and I've not run into any negative experiences. I have also never had to "return" anything. I buy A LOT though.

Back