What's new

Tyson1911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I want to ask a question to those who have the most knowledge in this matter of repairing pcb. which is the most common thing that these pcb fail to do. I have a Rival School and an EX2 that each PS1 base is bad, but I want to repair it and the truth is that I know where to start.
20210526_082159_copy_980x2016.jpg

Last edited:
Then get a logic probe and start probing for floating pins. Dont think I've seen schematics for these boards, so you'll have to use data sheets for off the shelf logic chips, and trace out any floaters on proprietary chips.

Then get a logic probe and start probing for floating pins. Dont think I've seen schematics for these boards, so you'll have to use data sheets for off the shelf logic chips, and trace out any floaters on proprietary chips.
Thanks, with my ocsiloscope I check several points and I base myself on the schematic of the PS1 SCPH-5000 since they are basically the same in CPU and GPU only that it changes implementation of some chips such as the alter that I understand that serves as an information path. still could not find results but I have a lot of patience and will keep checking

Back