What's new
I had the original cart at some point ;) and it booted perfectly without a link PCB.

Hello,
Rythm Tengoku is not working on cpmpact flash.
This will be a great thing !!
:)
Can you please try this version?
https://mega.nz/#!REtjGYiR!0tHXYR9G7yUpzDnkxBGxey61SHCB7R49J7YVdgPQhYQ

Hello,
Rythm Tengoku is not working on cpmpact flash.
This will be a great thing !!
:)
Can any of you please try this version?https://mega.nz/#!REtjGYiR!0tHXYR9G7yUpzDnkxBGxey61SHCB7R49J7YVdgPQhYQ
another one that refuses to work on 256MB DIMM board... :-/
that's because it's exactly 256mb on size :( Try removing bytes from the end until it works....that might do the trick.

that's because it's exactly 256mb on size :( Try removing bytes from the end until it works....that might do the trick.
beat me to it Darksoft :) , the last 0xfffff bytes are just 0xff, so you can try truncating the file. Make sure you end up with an even number as the file size thought...

I'll give that a try tonight. would that also work for Gun Survivor 2 and Touken Retsuden 4? both of those games are exactly 256MB also and cause the DIMM board to run out of memory.

I'll give that a try tonight. would that also work for Gun Survivor 2 and Touken Retsuden 4? both of those games are exactly 256MB also and cause the DIMM board to run out of memory.
Take a look at the last bytes if they are all 0xff you can trim them away, just make sure you end up with an properly aligned image.

Take a look at the last bytes if they are all 0xff you can trim them away, just make sure you end up with an properly aligned image.
What's the rule for this? as long as I trim 4 bits at a time or 8 bits at a time?

be careful with this.
original games have bugs and sometimes read data after the end of actual game ROM content.
if that happens in the case of DIMM - zeroes or some random crap will be read, but from real cart 0xFF will be read due to its design, and some games relies on this and will hang if they get something else but not 0xFFs.

known games with mentioned behavior is topic one Rhythm Tengoku and Outtrigger, but there can be more of such.
so if you remove 'unneded' FFs at the end they may wont work at all or crash at some point.

be careful with this.
original games have bugs and sometimes read data after the end of actual game ROM content.
if that happens in the case of DIMM - zeroes or some random crap will be read, but from real cart 0xFF will be read due to its design, and some games relies on this and will hang if they get something else but not 0xFFs.

known games with mentioned behavior is topic one Rhythm Tengoku and Outtrigger, but there can be more of such.
so if you remove 'unneded' FFs at the end they may wont work at all or crash at some point.
I need to find a 27c160 so I can burn a multi -BIOS and test on my 512 MB!

it loop with the loading game and checking memory for me

EDIT : After 3 or 4 loop , I have the error 21 : game note accpetable by main board
I need a japan bios ? It's a naomi 2

EDIT : After 3 or 4 loop , I have the error 21 : game note accpetable by main board
I think that's because you have a 256MB DIMM. You need a 512.

I think that's because you have a 256MB DIMM. You need a 512.
That's not normal behavior for low memory. Typically it will load as much as it can and then halt on a
Error 27: "DIMM MEMORY IS NOT ENOUGH."

Error 21 usually occurs if the game ROM is corrupt.

I think he's using a CF kit? I use one also. Gun Survivor does this same process (load three times and then error) for me when using a CF kit. But for another member with a larger DIMM it worked flawlessly. So it was my guess that loading process is managed a bit differently with a CF kit in regards to the size.

yes,I used a CF Kit and I think i have a 256mo
I will try with a 512mo

be careful with this.

Very true. For that reason I suggest to remove only 4 bytes. Then size won't be 256Mb but 255.9Mb so maybe, it depends on the firmware of the dimm, it will take it OK. But as MetalliC said, the more data you remove, the higher chances of the game hanging.

Back