What's new
For Sale

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Well, at this point I guess it's time to give up on BadAssConsoles ever making right on shipping me a defective unit.

So if anyone has any use for it, and something neat to trade, let me know.

i purchased this to update the Swiss from this Wasp Fusion unit (mine is still unmounted on my GC where i must install de GCDual board + few little mods for my orange jp console)

i purchased this to update the Swiss from this Wasp Fusion unit (mine is still unmounted on my GC where i must install de GCDual board + few little mods for my orange jp console)
Mine does not seem to turn on at all :/.

Not sure if it could be reflashed?

I'm shocked you even got BadAssConsoles to ship you something in the first place.

I'm shocked you even got BadAssConsoles to ship you something in the first place.
It took something like two months. And then I tried contacting the owner through GC-forever and got all this bullshit about how he has eyes on other forums and how he'd seen me complaining. I paid almost $200 for a non working WASP and went round and round telling me it was probably my fault it was dead.

You plug it in a damned socket. It's not a rocket science install.

Then finally agreed that I should have received a working unit, but he didn't have any more and told me he'd help me out with some new product he was working on ahead of time, but to promise to not tell anyone.

Well that was eight months ago, and I still have no refund, no working WASP, no replacement mystery product. Nothing.

Dude can kick rocks. As far as I'm concerned he took my money and ran.

I tried to order a gamecube video kit from him I think in late 2017, and got nothing, and no responses from reaching out. Seems like it's a pattern.

I tried to order a gamecube video kit from him I think in late 2017, and got nothing, and no responses from reaching out. Seems like it's a pattern.
That whole shop disappears for months at a time. And people act like it's normal. "Oh, just reach out to him on gc-forever, he's active there."

And their email doesn't work at all. They've abandoned their social media accounts. The whole thing is shady.

In regards to bob , he's a good friend of mine. Always showing him some godlike games people barely mention between console and arcade as well as info for various consoles.

The interview was actually fun to do and drinking at 10am is always fun.

In regards to BadAssConsoles I genuinely wish their customer support and transparency were better considering I wanted to purchase a wasp ODE but the SD2SP2 is looking like a better alternative as long as in game speed is good

At this point iIt's not just a problem of customer support or transparency: BadAssConsoles opened pre-orders for his gcvideo solution back in mid-2016.
I pre-ordered a digital + analog solution, paid $150 usd for it.
Six months later, still no product, but he then told everyone he was changing the solution to gcvideoX, and that was supposed to be better but was delaying delivery. Ok, fair enough.
After several more months of nothing, people starting asking question, but by then he was never replying to anybody.
I think that a few people got lucky and were actually refunded, but he ignored most.
Also by then the Paypal protection had run out.
It's been three years now.

Look at angry comments on his old gcvideo posts on twitter, or read forums: he took money from dozens of people (me included) who never received anything, and he just ignores any email. He took the money and acts as if he didn't. He sits on a lot of money that doesn't belong to him.

That guy has become a scam. And I say 'has become' because he used to deliver. I bought a few products from him, and while it always took very long for him to ship and communication was always bad, at least he was shipping them.

Bottom line: stay FAR from him, he's basically a thief now.

I threw a link to this in the feedback thread since there seems to be more than just me who had issues with this guy.

I've also had major issues with badassconsoles guy he lies and deceives and .. well, he just shouldnt be doing what he does. I payed him for 3 x GcVideo and a Megadrive v5 a long time ago and he simply does not reply to any email, to any contact on various forums. He is very shady and should be avoided by all. He could come good and just refund or send the goods, but thats clearly too much to ask.

I have ordered 30 of the new serial port -> SD adapters and am waiting for the PCBs and parts, so I'll be able to sell some when they arrive. I've already sold my WASP in anticipation. Badassconsoles has really tainted my gamecube enjoyment.

Badassconsoles has really tainted my gamecube enjoyment.
Honestly, this is entirely how I'm feeling.

I was going through, generation by generation, picking up ODE's/flashcarts, modding where necessary. Finally got to GC and bought this all excited to check out some old favorites, and bleh. I went so far as to put the GC in the closet because looking at it bums me out, haha.

I have ordered 30 of the new serial port -> SD adapters and am waiting for the PCBs and parts, so I'll be able to sell some when they arrive. I've already sold my WASP in anticipation. Badassconsoles has really tainted my gamecube enjoyment.
this ?

I have only dealt with him once, I guess I'm lucky I got a working wasp from him. Sorry for all people this guy has duped :(
You know those work exactly the same as the SD Gecko right? The serial port is on the same bus. Those things only cost like €2 on aliexpress.

The speed on the SD Gecko and this forthcoming Serial Port to SD is painfully slow and impossible to load most FMVs. It’s a pity things like the WASP aren’t easily available anymore.

My experience with Badassconsoles was flawless. I ordered two WASP Fusions, they both arrived working and he replied to every email I sent to him and also gave me tech support figuring out a couple of things because one is in my PAL machine and the other is in my NTSC-J and I needed to set some DIP switches from memory?

Not giving the dude a pass considering all the bad chat about him, but I’m also unsure why I seemed to get good treatment? Maybe he likes Fosters Beer?

It sucks so many people got jipped by him, can they credit card companies help out at all?

The other problem with SD Gecko is when loading from Action Replay you need to use a older (4gb size max) SD card or you can't boot from it.
Then once booted into Swiss you'll need to swap SD cards to something larger (actually useful/large enough to hold a game image).
Its a total pain in the ass, and would be so much better if the Gecko was only the boot vector, and we had storage/images elsewhere (serial port).

Back