What's new
Custom filterboard (the entire pcb end) with connections on the inside to shove a picopsu and sega type1, on the outside, 2 15-pin supergun 7 button controllers, 2 maple ports, and possibly an optional internalized rgb to component adapter with external component ports (for the non-scart part of the world)
I'll have to check it again, but i think there was just enough room under the main board to shove a type1...otherwise, I've been pondering building out mini-type1's and/or putting moving the components to the end pcb.

it's a long shot, and those are BIG pcbs to fab, but shouldn't be too complex at least.

I opted for db25 ports with my S-JIHPs for two reasons.

1. I put the analog controls on the extra pins.

2. My MAS systems supernova controllers are 25 pin versions.

Just a bit more flexibility. Just use small adapters for neo controllers etc. Can also use undamned's USB adapters with it for xbox360 and ps3 controllers. Some things to consider maybe.

I opted for db25 ports with my S-JIHPs for two reasons.Just a bit more flexibility. Just use small adapters for neo controllers etc. Can also use undamned's USB adapters with it for xbox360 and ps3 controllers. Some things to consider maybe.
Yeah.. I've already got working ps3/ps4 wireless adapters if I decide to integrate them, but likely not.
I like your 25 pin port idea, and it's great for testbed use, but a lot of people in the "consolized" market seem to want to use neo pads or the more standardized superman 7button layout, but all on the 15 pin port.

Yeah in understand that too. I just mention it because a lot of the good games use analog controls and simple adapters can be used for neo. Maybe even dual ports?

perhaps indeed- to be honest,I'm not the most familiar with naomi analog based games, and I use mine on digital most of the time as it is...
although mostly for virtual on these days.

Also sorry for derailing your thread.. seems like i've been doing this a lot inadvertently recently...

perhaps indeed- to be honest,I'm not the most familiar with naomi analog based games, and I use mine on digital most of the time as it is...
although mostly for virtual on these days.

Also sorry for derailing your thread.. seems like i've been doing this a lot inadvertently recently...
It's different than 246 in that the analog controls are pretty standard between titles. You can replace the screen sensors on certain games with X/Y guns and they play very well. Yes most games use only digital controls but there are lots of good analog games such as Crazy Taxi, Sega Strike Fighter, etc. So in my opinion a cool replacement filter pcb like you suggest should take analog games into consideration. You'd basically have a 99% playable library very easily. Minus HOTD2, VOOT, and a few others of course. Don't forger Darksoft's AW2Naomi conversions as well. Eventually the analog games will have the controls ported also. The rest already work with digital controls.

I know you can't run a gd-rom drive when you use a Capcom or Sega V2 I/o to run a Naomi on JAMMA as it draws too much power - but with these being low power do they work OK?

Do you have to remove the dimm battery to further reduce the power draw to get it to be reliable?

The DIMM draws the power so you would need to run with a separate power supply if you are using Capcom I/Os. I would just get a separate power supply for reliability's sake.

I take it this needs one CF card per game or can there be multiple games on a single CF card ?

I take it this needs one CF card per game or can there be multiple games on a single CF card ?
It is the same as the official Sega GD-rom replacement in that it is one game per card. Advantage is it will automatically load any card in the CF kit on boot.

I've been playing with mine over Xmas and once id found the right security-pic it's a doddle.

All I need to do now is work out how to put some of my MAME CHD's onto a couple of spare 1Gig CF's I have lying around.

I know I have to extract the card ID and I'm going to try with an esata-CF adapter I got for £8 (basically an esata + USB to sata+power cable and a sata to CF adapter) as I've got no free drive-ports left inside my PC.

I'm new to Naomi and found this thread. I have a Naomi 1 I believe, the white box with the white cartridges. Would this setup work on that? If so, are you still selling these?

Yes but you need a DIMM also. It is the hardware required to use a GD-Rom with the system. Later models also let you load games via a network connection. If you want to use CF cards then an original DIMM will work and are a bit cheaper than the newer NetDIMMs.

yes, just wonder if analog controller can be used
Yes you can use my S-JIHP to interface with the I/O. It doesn't have anything to do with the CF kit or Dimm though. :P Check my S-JIHP thread for more info.

Back