What's new
Jassin is the sheriff around these parts so I'm kind of obliged to listen. :D

My main focus is the PCB designs now as everything else is sorted out tied together. Code can always be updated at will.

Just remember that one persons idea of better isn't always the general consensus
Very true!
So if you are representing the "other side" then...
Whats your argument for why it wouldn't be better to have a small game logo or title screen font/text lifted from said game?

I would be very interested to hear it.

Just remember that one persons idea of better isn't always the general consensus
Very true!So if you are representing the "other side" then...
Whats your argument for why it wouldn't be better to have a small game logo or title screen font/text lifted from said game?

I would be very interested to hear it.
Ever heard of K.I.S.S.?

I'm all for logos, animations and alternate fonts but the fonts need to be legible and easy to read on the small OLED display.

I was more saying hey Frank, no need to feel pressured into adding time consuming features to your design which don't really add that much IMO. :)

but the fonts need to be legible and easy to read on the small OLED display.
Agreed, maybe hold off on suggesting its a bad idea until I've had time to demo something with these size restrictions?
If its not legible I'm also not going to like it or want to use it (but I believe I can pull this off).
which don't really add that much IMO.
So is this your real argument then? You don't feel it adds anything?
I can't debate a personal feeling, and you are entitled to it as I am mine.
Ever heard of K.I.S.S.?
Fuck yea man, I wana rock'n roll every night and party play my multiz every day. :thumbsup:

So is this your real argument then? You don't feel it adds anything?
Sure, if it's done right and is easy to read then of course it adds something but in the grand scheme of things as I said, not that much. Just not sure if it's worth the time investment versus the feature but in the end it's not my time being invested.

And I never suggested it was a bad idea, just the possible drawbacks :)

if it's done right and is easy to read then of course it adds something
So again, maybe hold off on calling it a "draw back" before I've gotten to demo something in that restrictive a size?

I did my best to demo some of my font work a few posts back, did you think that looked bad?
Do you believe it won't translate well to the small screen given what you've seen so far?

Its like you aren't really saying anything, but still suggesting it "might" not be good.
Based on what specifically?

This is basically the weakest counter point I've ever been challenged with no offence.
Where is @opt2not he at least keeps me on my toes.

Send me a sample of two games.

I'll need two 128 x 32 pixel images per game. One per game title and one for the 'now playing' sequence. One image is used when scrolling through the games list to display the selected game, and the other will be used to indicate the game that is currently loaded / playing.

If it works out okay then we can talk about going the full hog and creating all 64 required images.

I'll need two 128 x 32 pixel images per game. One per game title and one for the 'now playing' sequence. One image is used when scrolling through the games list to display the selected game, and the other will be used to indicate the game that is currently loaded / playing.
Ok now you are speaking my language...
So for the scrolling through list I think we should stick with simple/normal text.
Because as "suggested" this could be an issue when you want to change/load a game quickly.

The "now playing" screen is what I'm after, and for that I have lots of ideas.
It's almost 1am here tho and I just worked a 12 hour shift at the factory, so give me some time to get back to you with it.

multiboyz.gif

Was bored at work, so I did a quick Multi Boyz logo. It's just 36 x 28 pixels!

Last edited:
One idea, create 128 x 16 images for the game names. Then I can print NOW PLAYING... on the top half of the screen, animate / scroll it etc in standard font, and display the bitmap image of the game title on the lower half.

Are you using the digital output pins on the arduino to pull the DIP pins low on the multi and select the game? Is there any interface components needed or can you just hook the arduino digital pin right to the pin header on the multi? Love this by the way, I want to make one for my M72.

I haven't processed the source image properly, just a quick mockup test, but you get the idea.

It's a lot of work, very tedious and time consuming, especially doing it for 32 games.

@jassin000 if you plan on creating something, it needs to be a black and white image (no other colours or gradients etc, full black and full white) with black representing visible parts and white not being drawn. Bitmap format.
89355551_10219680709501300_5018374517475508224_n.jpg

Testing, breadboarding and coding is complete and successful.

PCB design is finalised just checking over everything before ordering.

Small parts run ordered. Making 5 units initially and will send some out to be beta tested.

I don't want to give away too much but will say that this product is highly configurable and has a quick, easy, solder free install procedure.

Photos, video and details of first assembled unit to follow in 3-4 weeks...

Last edited:
Back