What's new

guu

Beginner
Reaction score
As much as I hate working with the Global VR games, this one sure did turn out looking amazing. Upgraded the CRT monitor to a 32" LCD Computer monitor, painted the speaker covers orange, and added or t-molding. Also added quite a few underglowing LED lighting strips. The cabinet is a fully functioning coin-op game, and I had a blast working on this one!

IMG_0889.jpg

Beautiful....I have spare NFS Undrground parts, from a whole cabinet....let me know if you need anything regarding spare parts....I'd like to find em all a good home. I don't have the computer(dead) or dongle (currently misisng) but should have everything else.

Beautiful....I have spare NFS Undrground parts, from a whole cabinet....let me know if you need anything regarding spare parts....I'd like to find em all a good home. I don't have the computer(dead) or dongle (currently misisng) but should have everything else.
The game is a very fun game to play, but the hardware Global VR used has not stood the test of time, nor have they updated the usable software. I have several of these cabinets laying around the shop I work in so I've been trying to piece together cabinets as I find complete setups for them. The computer motherboard has been the most common part failure in the cabinets I've dealt with so far.

yeah...I'd agree with that. My friend cracked the security protection, and had a multi-boot system that would boot GT/Underground/Carbon, with a 10key pad stored in the door.....it was amazing, but after seeing what's happened to the guy hacking golden-tees, and other major companies like Namco going after folks, he decided against releasing it. It's a shame, cause for home use, it made the game MUCH more viable.

I have spare motor board, card reader, io board, control panel/wheel/motor, pedal assembly, plastics...basically everything. If I can ever be of help with any of your projects, let me know...I'd be happy for this stuff to find a good home, and get used.

Reactions: guu
Which game was or is more popular/successful in arcades? Underground or Carbon?

Back