What's new

asr10user

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at building my own cabinet and like the Noir style the most. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any type of info on the size besides the height and width of the entire cabinet. Would any Noir owners be kind enough to measure these out in Inches for me? Will gladly donate $ for your time. There actually is a local arcade near me that has these, but due to covid they are closed otherwise I would measure myself. Im sure this info would help others as well.

Attachments

• Namco Noir Dimensions request.jpg
    Namco Noir Dimensions request.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 199
Unless you're just doing it because you're REALLY into building your own stuff, you'd save a ton just buying a Noir. I've absolutely seen them as low as 600 out here, and I'm pretty sure KC's regularly got them for 7-800.

Unless you're just doing it because you're REALLY into building your own stuff, you'd save a ton just buying a Noir. I've absolutely seen them as low as 600 out here, and I'm pretty sure KC's regularly got them for 7-800.
Excuse me sir..... where were they 600? I would of loved saving some money! ;) even if it was $200 bucks. Lol jk

Excuse me sir..... where were they 600? I would of loved saving some money! even if it was $200 bucks. Lol jk
Now and again if you keep a good eye on local classified apps/fb/etc you'll catch one around 600.

But even at 800, the effort into building your own, plus wiring harnesses, monitor, speakers, control panel, joysticks, buttons, etc. You're going to have spent well more.

Looking at building my own cabinet and like the Noir style the most. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any type of info on the size besides the height and width of the entire cabinet. Would any Noir owners be kind enough to measure these out in Inches for me? Will gladly donate $ for your time. There actually is a local arcade near me that has these, but due to covid they are closed otherwise I would measure myself. Im sure this info would help others as well.
I agree with Rewrite, just buy the cab. The wiring and metal tinkering alone to make your own noir would probably drive you nuts.

third that. kc's noirs are good machines. and if you enjoy working on them well you can give the noir a jolly good cleaning as they need it.

third that. kc's noirs are good machines. and if you enjoy working on them well you can give the noir a jolly good cleaning as they need it.
Yes, I think you guys are all correct, an actual Noir might be the way to go. I do want to add, the main reason I would want to build my own is to have a rotating monitor for Shmups, I know a real Noir cant do to that. But I do have another cab that I might just dedicate to Shmups and that might solve my problems.

Last edited:
Back