What's new

-Ace-

Professional
Reaction score
I made friends with a local electronics recycle guy who happens to run into a number of old tube TV's. He's willing to put aside whatever I want, but what am I looking for when it comes to old TV's? Not including the Sony B/PVM's, I have heard Sony Trinitrons are up there. Other than that, if that's even accurate, are their specific manufacturers, or models I should be on the lookout for? Obviously the guy won't open them up for any identification, so I would hope that the model #, etc normally on the back would be adequate. Any advice, or place where I can find some helpful info? Thanks-

For the Toshiba PF monitor found in New Net City:
Want 27" flat face CRT, I prefer Toshiba, JVC, Panasonic, Sanyo (In that order) that has component or HDMI input, something that takes 1080i. These are more likely to be 100Hz TVs and potentially have a compatible deflection yoke.
I recently got a Samsung SlimFit 27" Flat CRT w/HDMI inputs. It had a Samsung CRT, type - A68QFZ893X002 - the yoke was a seemingly close match @ LH=0.260mH LV=12.37mH. When connected to the Toshiba PF monitor chassis (PD2367) it has bad pincushion on the horizontal and bad corner convergence. I was able to correct it mostly out with the extended OSD menu, but still isn't quite right. Really need the LH (Horizontal Inductance) to be 0.3mH. I would stay away from the Samsung SlimFit CRTs for Toshiba PF donors.

Based on its service manual, the Sylvania / Emerson 6427FF/EWF2705, can use 3 different tubes. One of the tubes used is the "Beijing-Matsushita A68LZU185X", same tube paired with the Toshiba PF monitor chassis in later arcade cabinets. Those 2 model TV are pretty shitty so guessing that even if you win the tube lottery and get the A68LZU185X, it pry wont have a yoke with the right specs.

I recently have been trying to get a JVC TV that I know for a fact has a 100Hz yoke, so hoping I get lucky and it has a compatible yoke inductance.

25” zenith tube is good for wg k7000
60c49062-70d3-4467-8b93-4bab11e40cc7

Back