What's new
If you want a similar experience to MVS on your cab you can buy a jammaizer and play these titles for cheap or “backup your current DC collection”

Last Hope Pink Bullets Dreamcast

Gunlord Switch

Neo Xyx Dreamcast

Fast Striker, Razion, Kraut Buster have not been ported but I remember one of them had a bootleg for sale in the past on Ali but I can’t find it now.

It’s worth noting that gunlord switch requires a DAC, HDCP cheap hdmi switch, and either a 31 kHz cab monitor or downscaler before RGBs.

If you want a similar experience to MVS on your cab you can buy a jammaizer and play these titles for cheap or “backup your current DC collection”

Last Hope Pink Bullets Dreamcast

Gunlord Switch

Neo Xyx Dreamcast

Fast Striker, Razion, Kraut Buster have not been ported but I remember one of them had a bootleg for sale in the past on Ali but I can’t find it now.

It’s worth noting that gunlord switch requires a DAC, HDCP cheap hdmi switch, and either a 31 kHz cab monitor or downscaler before RGBs.
Fast Striker has been ported.

The game is fine and I like it, and I really should keep it since roms will probably never be released to play on multi carts, etc.. I just have way too much $$$ tied up in games and I need to cash out some stuff, need to pay for a new deck, trex is expensive :D
I understand :D sounds reasonable to me! Thank you for the answer.

Btw. I looked at the Jurassic Park Arcade Cabinet, hell yeah is this awesome!!!!

Fast Striker and Kraut Buster are probably their best games. Gunlord is good if you're into that Turrican-style type of game.

Not really much else I can say here that hasn't already been said... it's a small operation, with PCBs likely being made locally in Germany/EU (to prevent bootlegging by "third shift" manufacturing in China, probably). I'm assuming this increases their cost, which makes doing additional runs more cost-prohibitive. Couple that with the perception of demand likely not aligning with the reality of actual demand, and you get a situation where they're not motivated to do more reprints.

IMO, buy the ports if you just want to play them. If you want to collect, consider preordering them right away in the future. Otherwise, be prepared to pay a premium down the road.

Fast Striker and Kraut Buster are probably their best games. Gunlord is good if you're into that Turrican-style type of game.

Not really much else I can say here that hasn't already been said... it's a small operation, with PCBs likely being made locally in Germany/EU (to prevent bootlegging by "third shift" manufacturing in China, probably). I'm assuming this increases their cost, which makes doing additional runs more cost-prohibitive. Couple that with the perception of demand likely not aligning with the reality of actual demand, and you get a situation where they're not motivated to do more reprints.

IMO, buy the ports if you just want to play them. If you want to collect, consider preordering them right away in the future. Otherwise, be prepared to pay a premium down the road.
It still doesn’t make sense.

The games are $500 fuckin dollars. (And they sell out) Make more you dum dums.

I think their “scarcity” is what they tell themselves when their just being lazy and dumb.

Who “Collects” third party titles? We all just want to play them.

And they are already being bootlegged. They don’t know what’s good for themselves.

They don't "sell out", because it's an open pre-order window. Anyone that wants one can buy one, they aren't limited. Once that pre-order window is over they close sales.
And they are already being bootlegged.
I don't think any of their games have been bootlegged since they moved to their own hardware 4-5 games ago. If they had, we'd surely have seen public dumps by now.

Once that pre-order window is over they close sales.
And that’s ok because why?

They are missing out on the next generation of sales not to mention word of mouth advertising.

To me this is either laziness or false squelch marketing. If the latter they are doing a terrible job.

This is Cartmanland business strategy

Didn't say anything about it being okay or not. Simply stating that they don't sell out of anything as they never have actual stock (for MVS/AES anyhow).

I have to agree with @hoagtech here. I bet they print extra and sell their left over stock at twice the price.

...controlling the supply and demand...

200.gif

It still doesn’t make sense.

I think their “scarcity” is what they tell themselves when their just being lazy and dumb.

Who “Collects” third party titles? We all just want to play them.

And they are already being bootlegged. They don’t know what’s good for themselves.
Plenty of insane AES collectors and speculators just collect these and keep them as shelf queens or hoard them as investments. It is what it is. I don't doubt that some of it is self-inflicted, per Niko's comment that they allegedly said on FB that they limit the supply to appease their investors (?), but, at the end of the day, if it financially made sense for them, and it was worth their time, they'd just make more. My feeling is a large part of it is that they just want to move on to newer projects, and not spend all their time processing orders for reprints.

Also, as rewrite pointed out, nobody is bootlegging any of their games on Neo Geo right now, aside from the first release of Last Hope. All of their games since then are running on custom hardware with various protections. You can bootleg their game on other platforms all day if you want to, which you should, if your objective is solely to play the game. /shrug

LOL, what?!

If they need money, open up pre-orders again. Set a minimum limit for it, like if they get 200 pre-orders they do a run, if not, they won't.

I just don't see why this is so hard.

IF they want money back. If they don't, then I guess they don't!

Creating a shortage to promote "investing" in video games seems like a good way to promote scalping and ridiculous, aftermarket inflation. I think it's best to make purchases based on perceived, potential enjoyment and if you make a few bucks off of it some day then fucking great. Maybe they should focus on making games that are more interesting instead of relying on a gimmick to sell their games. Investing in video games, har dee fucking har.

On a side note, Super XYX is looking pretty good. It's not being made by NG DEV so you won't have to pay $500 dollars to play it.

I'd be curious as to what the terms of investment are...

Normally Investing means you're helping to fund a business with the intention that it becomes profitable and you will then see a return, from a take of said profit.

...If their business model is inherently unprofitable then it really seems like they're doing it just so their investors can sell carts for ridiculous prices every now and then based on artificial scarcity.

EDIT: Now that I'm reading that a second time, I may be mis-interpreting it based on language barrier. They may be talking about the people who buy their games. They use the same word earlier on in the screencap in that context.

Last edited:
I don't think they artificially create shortage. I think their overhead for making new carts is high, and their is a minimum quantity required for manufacturing. This is a niche market, so they have to be careful they will sell out the print run before they order it to be sure they won't lose money.

"Lazy" is a word I would never associate with a 2-man programming team this prolific who fulfils their own orders.

Creating a shortage to promote "investing" in video games seems like a good way to promote scalping and ridiculous, aftermarket inflation. I think it's best to make purchases based on perceived, potential enjoyment and if you make a few bucks off of it some day then fucking great. Maybe they should focus on making games that are more interesting instead of relying on a gimmick to sell their games. Investing in video games, har dee fucking har.

On a side note, Super XYX is looking pretty good. It's not being made by NG DEV so you won't have to pay $500 dollars to play it.
You just summed up the state of a lot of the console physical market nowadays. Long live limitedrun, strictlylimited, superraregames, etc etc etc. Seriously i just gave up on the physical insanity and just go digital.

EDIT: Now that I'm reading that a second time, I may be mis-interpreting it based on language barrier. They may be talking about the people who buy their games. They use the same word earlier on in the screencap in that context.
I think a more accurate word to have used was "speculators", and I do think there's a language barrier issue at play here. They're not wrong that sales of $500 niche homebrew games would likely be much lower, if not for speculators. Let's be real.

I see both sides. For me - if its free, its digital. If Im buying, I want physical.

Jojos Bizarre Adventure HD was out for like a month digitally before it got pulled. It was the one month I decided not to buy anything. I was super bummed.

Yakuza Ishin and Puyo Tetris were other exceptions, since it was cheaper to by imports digitally from an Asian account at the tim then it was to import physical from Japan.

I simply dont want a company dictating what version of their product I own, or even if I get to own it. (MvC2 anyone?) I digress though...

Back