What's new
For the 33s it's usually better to just put a person on each side, then rotate it to carry it tube face up with a hand on each corner.

29 and below though I've never had an issue (aside from obnoxious ones like the Egret 2 or something with a floating mount). Just unbolt, lean the top towards you a bit, one hand on the upper left corner, one on the bottom right, pop it up a little to get it off the bottom bolts, set on the CP, pull the bottom to your beltline, then pick up and off you go to wherever you're going.

At 29" only 70lbs (or less as you go smaller), you don't need to be a big dude to lift them up and move them around if you're doing it properly.

For the 33s it's usually better to just put a person on each side, then rotate it to carry it tube face up with a hand on each corner.

29 and below though I've never had an issue (aside from obnoxious ones like the Egret 2 or something with a floating mount). Just unbolt, lean the top towards you a bit, one hand on the upper left corner, one on the bottom right, pop it up a little to get it off the bottom bolts, set on the CP, pull the bottom to your beltline, then pick up and off you go to wherever you're going.

At 29" only 70lbs (or less as you go smaller), you don't need to be a big dude to lift them up and move them around if you're doing it properly.
damn well it makes sense then 70lbs ain’t Jack I wonder what the 33 hits around. I like to drink a bit of gfuel before hand makes me feel like Im the hulk without the smash.

The fork lift idea sounds cool but imo it just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen some how.

Grab a friend or I guess maybe use an engine lift like someone said if you really need to have a tool to do it solo. :)

does someone make handles as all these monitors have the holes for the metal handles to go in. Makes it a lot easier if you attach the handles.

51YImZr1xOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
The funniest thing about this picture is that I own that exact same load balancer and cherry picker, complete with the removable legs.

I typically use it for pulling motors, can't say I've ever tried to lift a monitor with it... Honestly seems like it would be quite unsafe for the monitor. Also that load-balancer is a worthless piece of shit.

Sack up and stop being a pussy. If the monitor is too heavy to solo, ask a friend to help.

Forklift. LOL. You winners will be necking tubes left and right.

If a monitor is 33, get a buddy or two to help. Cmon man, it’s better to ask a buddy for help than try to move it by yourself and break it.

@Rg111. If satans arcade is filled with Konami cabs than count me in. My windy 2s have easily become my workhorse cabinets.

Sack up and stop being a pussy. If the monitor is too heavy to solo, ask a friend to help.

Forklift. LOL. You winners will be necking tubes left and right.
I said no other people.

I would rather come up with a solution than put strain on my lower back.

Does anyone here rock a monitor test bench with multiple sync connectors or something like that.

I hate converging inside the cab with a mirror and I always want to further tweak it after I put it back in. I don't want to lift monitors over and over again.

Protecting your lower back is not being a pussy dude.

It's protecting my mobility so I can enjoy life with my wife and kids. I got some back issues man.

wat?

Just lifting a pfx monitor I felt like dying. I don't think I'm that weak.

wat?
PFX is easily the heaviest crt I have lifted. The windy and egret tubes do not compare to that beast.

wat?
Idk. I'm 135lbs soaking wet and don't have an issue with it.

PFX are a little heavier, but still entirely doable as a one person thing.

And @hoagtech if you're worried about your lower back, you gotta learn to lift with your legs! Proper lifting is very important.

wat?Just lifting a pfx monitor I felt like dying. I don't think I'm that weak.
Idk. I'm 135lbs soaking wet and don't have an issue with it.
PFX are a little heavier, but still entirely doable as a one person thing.

And @hoagtech if you're worried about your lower back, you gotta learn to lift with your legs! Proper lifting is very important.
Thanks I have been.

heres my story:

I own a hydroponic store that sells over 300 pallets of dirt a year.

Just helping customers can mean benching over a ton of weight per day if they're not flatbed customers.

I throw my back out once a year and am worthless for a week during recovery and then weak for another month.

I got hit by a car in 4th grade and have some real issues going on.

I can and have been lifting safely but I'm really looking forward to a process that I can depend on that does not having me bent over my cab lifting my monitors out.

I have nothing against people that don't mind doing it themselves but I abused my back over my lifetime so far and am looking forward to testing this thing.

I have Kenny coming in to design my chain array. We'll see how it goes

Ugh, that sucks. Here's hoping you can get something figured out.

heres my story:
seriously I meant what I said about the cherry picker likely being unsafe for the monitor.

Having used one many times over the years the problem is it's fairly unpredictable, you're not lifting straight up; it lifts on an arc and because you're pumping a jack it's jerking the load and it takes a very steady hand to lower it gently. Not to mention these things are by nature unstable.

I've NEVER used a cherry picker alone, you always have one person standing on the back and operating the jack with another person who has hands on the thing you're lifting directing the other person what to do.

if you're serious about this a much better option would be to install a ceiling hoist, movement is WAY slower, way smoother, and more predictable, it lifts straight up and there's no concern about balance
https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Electric-Control-Zinc-Plated-Overhead/dp/B0774HBQHQ

heck you could probably even build your own pulley system similar to this with 4x pulleys spaced properly for a monitor:
https://www.amazon.com/2004-Cycle-Products-Bike-Hoist/dp/B003TFOPJA/

does someone make handles as all these monitors have the holes for the metal handles to go in. Makes it a lot easier if you attach the handles.
I sold a Blast City somewhat recently. The buyer then contacted later if I had the monitor handles. I was like, the what?

Sure enough, in the manual, on page 30:

blast_city_bar_handles.jpg

I have never seen these things. They're huge. How the hell do you get them off?

Anyway, my Madonnas have small handles (that are parallel to the frame) on the MS8-25 monitors as stock. I gotta admit, they're really nice.

I sold a Blast City somewhat recently. The buyer then contacted later if I had the monitor handles. I was like, the what?
Sure enough, in the manual, on page 30:

blast_city_bar_handles.jpg

I have never seen these things. They're huge. How the hell do you get them off?

Anyway, my Madonnas have small handles (that are parallel to the frame) on the MS8-25 monitors as stock. I gotta admit, they're really nice.
Those handles on the Madonnas are great. They're neat little cabs, surprisingly well built and can do a lot. OT, if you haven't recapped the psus- check them, all the caps on mine were badly leaking.

I am interested in seeing how people do this as well.

I lift consumer CRT's semi-regular nowadays and if I didn't do weights in my spare time I would have no chance (and heaps more injuries).

The handles on the Madonna are pretty handy when I rotated mine I gotta say it was pretty convenient to have handles already there to use lol.

Theres actually a number of cabinet manuals that talk about attaching handles to rotate or move the monitors.

Though honestly I doubt any people that did service on these machines back then really took the time to put them on and take them off. Usually you can get your hands on the frame preferably with a pair of gloves (sharp metal) and pull em out or rotate them. E Z

Something larger than 27 inches would have me wanting a better solution or some friends to help.

I have one of those shop cranes (for moving my CNC machines) and I've used it to lift some of my heavier CRT arcade monitors in and out of cabs. They work OK if you're on your own but it's hard to get them near a cab sometimes. Most of my cabs are too wide to fit between the shop crane's support legs.

For 27"/29" tubes, I use lifting straps. They're less than $10 from Home Depot and they allow you to distribute the weight more evenly so you don't hurt your back. arcade monitors tend to be a little front heavy and awkward without the straps.

With two people of average strength, it all become a non-issue.

Back