What's new
Very nice one! Poking @Mitsurugi-w. He likes these things :)
Thanks!

I'm testing an SD card image right now, as I think what I have at the moment is good enough for a first release, and I want to get the community's feedback on it.

Still on my todo list for features is:
-Save filter configuration
-Support hardware reset
-Support LCD
-Card emulation (That's a really cool feature of chunksin's loader that I want to replicate :D)

Attached are a couple of screencaps from desktop and mobile of what it currently looks like.

Attachments

• 2017-12-23-013108_1920x1080_scrot.png
    2017-12-23-013108_1920x1080_scrot.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 25993195_545812835754187_2006126750_o.png
    25993195_545812835754187_2006126750_o.png
    412.2 KB · Views: 96
@Smurph, I never did get around to testing this. But since you have woken up this thread again and I have some time over the holidays, why not. First things first, hack up a micro USB cable to power the Pi from the Naomi. I have a few RPi1's around that never get any use anymore so re-purposing them for Pi booting seems like the right thing to do. I also have a few Naomi's and NetDimms (fucken love Sega's Naomi!!). I do have a USB WiFi stick too.

QQ regarding your WiFi drivers, does your image have drivers for a variety of USB wifi sticks? Or will I need to install my own? I don't yet have an RPi3.

If you can release the image in the next few days, I will definitely give this a shot.

That looks very good, I will definitely try it once you finish your image. I'm now using another piiweb script which works with my wifi stick, hope yours will as well :)

Here's an image.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VkIQbhf0GT3pawDi93_2WqUhNeNtK8PS

Usage is pretty simple.
extract the img file
image it to the card (using winimage or whatever you prefer)
optional, recommended: expand the last partition on the card ( windows users refer to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/resize-a-partition-for-free-in-windows-vista/ )
drop roms into the ROMS partition
shove it into the pi (ideally pi3, but if it works in a pi2 I'd like to know, because I don't have one of those)

note that the first boot will take a long time to complete as it will verify all of the roms on the sd card.

connect to wifi NAOMI, with password seganaomi
it may take 2-3 tries, I don't know why it's doing that but I'm looking into it.

go to any website and it should redirect you to the loader. if it doesn't, it's either not done scanning the roms or there's some other problem.
You can also try going to 10.0.0.1 in your browser if it doesn't redirect you.

Happy Holidays!

This is just a modified way to netboot. Netbooting requires the Null/Zero Pic. This simplifies the setup requirements needed to netboot. If you actually netboot, you would require a PC connected directly the the NetDimm with a crossover cable. Then you would send the game to the Naomi through the PC using transfergame.exe or PiForce Tools. The other way of normal netbooting is to wire your NetDimm to your network router, then use another computer to send the game.

As you can see, this is cumbersome wiring. With this, the computer you hook up is the RPi. The RPi is powered off the CN connectors on the Naomi. Instead of having a to access the separate computer, instead you use your phone to access the RPi to send the games to the Naomi.

This is just a modified way to netboot. Netbooting requires the Null/Zero Pic.
This is not true. the Zero PIC is only required if the netbooting server (your PC, or your Pi) is disconnected during play. As long as as the net-booting server maintains it's connection with the Net-DIMM you don't need the Zero PIC.

This is true for transftergame.exe and for Pi-Force-Tools. However it's a valid question if it's still true for this web-booting setup as it's unclear if the script maintains the keep-alive feature of Pi-Force-Tools.

This is not true. the Zero PIC is only required if the netbooting server (your PC, or your Pi) is disconnected during play. As long as as the net-booting server maintains it's connection with the Net-DIMM you don't need the Zero PIC.
This is true for transftergame.exe and for Pi-Force-Tools. However it's a valid question if it's still true for this web-booting setup as it's unclear if the script maintains the keep-alive feature of Pi-Force-Tools.
Why would you not need the Null pic when indeed you are running decrypted roms?

I run python code via pc to transfer the rom and works fine without zero key, but when I tested ir with piforce web just run for some minutes so give me a error 33. Raspberry pi 3 is a computer, right? So, why just can't use the same code that run on my PC?

Here's an image.

Usage is pretty simple.
extract the img file
optional, recommended: expand the last partition on the card ( windows users refer to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/resize-a-partition-for-free-in-windows-vista/ )
shove it into the pi (ideally pi3, but if it works in a pi2 I'd like to know, because I don't have one of those)

note that the first boot will take a long time to complete as it will verify all of the roms on the sd card.

it may take 2-3 tries, I don't know why it's doing that but I'm looking into it.

go to any website and it should redirect you to the loader. if it doesn't, it's either not done scanning the roms or there's some other problem.

Happy Holidays!
Does the repo reflect the changes you have in the image? I'd like to offer contribution.

https://github.com/tugpoat/NaomiWeb/tree/sqlite/

Here's an image.

Usage is pretty simple.
extract the img file

Happy Holidays!
Does the repo reflect the changes you have in the image? I'd like to offer contribution.
https://github.com/tugpoat/NaomiWeb/tree/sqlite/
The master branch has the most up-to-date code and database, which is identical to what is included in the image.
EDIT: I just noticed that I forgot to push up the latest commit I made, just fixed that! Sorry.
As far as contributing, go nuts! That's why it's on github :)

To respond to ralph's question, this particular software, as it currently exists, will also run on Linux without a problem. This is actually how I do basic functionality testing and debugging at the moment.
Once there is Pi-specific code in there (GPIO reset, Adafruit LCD, etc), it might be more tricky, or I may have to branch out a bit more. I haven't quite thought out how I'm going to handle multiple platforms.
As far as my development goals go, I'd like it to be as portable as I can make it.

twistedsymphony:
I have not incorporated any sort of keep-alive into the code. There were provisions for that in the original netboot script that I am not currently using.
This is all very much a learning process for me, so knowing that users may not be using a zero key is extremely helpful.
I'm not sure if I want to support Chihiro or Triforce down the line, so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the whole compatibility issue that may arise from this. In any case, good to know! Thank you.

Last edited:
Here's an image.

Usage is pretty simple.
extract the img file

Happy Holidays!
Does the repo reflect the changes you have in the image? I'd like to offer contribution.https://github.com/tugpoat/NaomiWeb/tree/sqlite/
The master branch has the most up-to-date code and database, which is identical to what is included in the image.EDIT: I just noticed that I forgot to push up the latest commit I made, just fixed that! Sorry.
As far as contributing, go nuts! That's why it's on github :)

To respond to ralph's question, this particular software, as it currently exists, will also run on Linux without a problem. This is actually how I do basic functionality testing and debugging at the moment.
Once there is Pi-specific code in there (GPIO reset, Adafruit LCD, etc), it might be more tricky, or I may have to branch out a bit more. I haven't quite thought out how I'm going to handle multiple platforms.
As far as my development goals go, I'd like it to be as portable as I can make it.

twistedsymphony:
I have not incorporated any sort of keep-alive into the code. There were provisions for that in the original netboot script that I am not currently using.
This is all very much a learning process for me, so knowing that users may not be using a zero key is extremely helpful.
I'm not sure if I want to support Chihiro or Triforce down the line, so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the whole compatibility issue that may arise from this. In any case, good to know! Thank you.
Thanks for your clarification. If someday you do implement the code for use without a zero key, let us know.

I've recieved some very helpful feedback from @Dreygor. Thank you!
It seems that the partition type for the roms partition is set incorrectly for windows machines (Partition #4).
Additionally, there are a number of games missing from the DB.
He has been very kind to provide all the necessary information to correct these issues, so I'll have them fixed and uploaded soon.

Last edited:
Back