What's new
I loaded one bin file in the games dir and it showed up on the web page. When I try to edit or add a game group I get an error, I'm guessing there's a permissions issue. Should I just chmod 777 the entire ACNTBoot directory and contents?

I haven't attempted to actually netboot yet, but this is all good progress.

49671380976_d08d12f547.jpg

you could 777 it, ideally you'd want to chown -R it to whatever user is running the process.

I should really be doing this, I feel bad.
Corona's a jerk though. :(

I'm not going to stop you if you're doing this because you want to however, and I'll help how I can.

Don't feel obligated to do this, please!!!

Last edited:
I'm definitely not going to stop you if you're doing this because you want to though, and I'll help how I can.
Don't feel obligated.
This is helping me understand how it works. I feel bad that I keep bothering you with my issues, but maybe it helps work out the kinks?

I get that it’s not 100% where you want it. I just don’t want to see the project die.

Thanks for being so responsive.

chown -r worked, I can save config pages now.

I loaded all my games in, but it failed on a few. My batch of games is pretty old and probably incomplete. What source are you working off of for bin files? I ran a query on the sqlite database and I just see game names. I couldn't figure out how you were verifying the file names or if it's based on other file data.

So far it looks good. I just need to test an actual netboot on the naomi now.

chown -r worked, I can save config pages now.

I loaded all my games in, but it failed on a few. My batch of games is pretty old and probably incomplete. What source are you working off of for bin files? I ran a query on the sqlite database and I just see game names. I couldn't figure out how you were verifying the file names or if it's based on other file data.

So far it looks good. I just need to test an actual netboot on the naomi now.
there's no filename verification, it reads the ROM header for the internally stored game name and pulls up data about the game in sqlite using that. While not perfect, it's more reliable than via file hash or filename, since there could be many different versions floating around, and people could be patching their roms for freeplay and etc.

Unfortunately though some games with multiple versions or revisions use the exact same title data; which is also why I've added the ability to edit the identity of a game in the list.

The info in the sqlite db regarding specific games is pretty incomplete however, and I've been meaning to overhaul it.

I've just been using that one mega.nz repository for bins.

I downloaded from mega.nz. There's still a lot of games that fail to be added during the initial load. I went through and deleted games from the roms folder that failed. Now it's booted up, but I can no longer edit the game menus. Bad rom somewhere in the mix? I also delete all the cfg/nodes to see if that was the issue, but no luck.

EDIT: I checked the MD5 of all the roms from mega.nz and the one below doesn't match any of them.

TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "NoneType") to str
192.168.4.19 - - [19/Mar/2020 22:20:23] "GET /games/d201c02abc3893b2d1d6b468e88cb1c4 HTTP/1.1" 500 1881

Last edited:
I downloaded from mega.nz. There's still a lot of games that fail to be added during the initial load. I went through and deleted games from the roms folder that failed. Now it's booted up, but I can no longer edit the game menus. Bad rom somewhere in the mix? I also delete all the cfg/nodes to see if that was the issue, but no luck.

EDIT: I checked the MD5 of all the roms from mega.nz and the one below doesn't match any of them.

192.168.4.19 - - [19/Mar/2020 22:20:23] "GET /games/d201c02abc3893b2d1d6b468e88cb1c4 HTTP/1.1" 500 1881
Odd. Let me mess with it later/tomorrow. I've been falling behind with my day job and need to catch up on that today.

I just realized like a dingus.

That's not an MD5 of a file, it's just a UID generated by the application.
Regardless, it still shouldn't be doing that.
I just picked up a 32GB microsd card, so I'm going to play with it on an actual Pi with a full rom set. Would you be able to send me your configs and how you've got it set up?

Also, does it still work when it spits out that error? that might be informational (it's still lazy that I did it that way and I should fix it).

Last edited:
That's not an MD5 of a file, it's just a UID generated by the application.
Regardless, it still shouldn't be doing that.
I just picked up a 32GB microsd card, so I'm going to play with it on an actual Pi with a full rom set. Would you be able to send me your configs and how you've got it set up?

Also, does it still work when it spits out that error? that might be informational (it's still lazy that I did it that way and I should fix it).
I still haven't actually connected the Pi to the Naomi and attempted to boot a game. When this error happens I think the website is basically busted and the only fix is dumping the directory and re-cloning the repository.

I'll PM you the instructions I wrote since they are incomplete and probably wouldn't be helpful to anyone else. I think it will at least get you to the point of having a working web interface

Thank you!!!!

BTW, Triforce and Chihiro roms definitely won't load into it the UI yet.

Right now I'm just trying to get things working.

Last edited:
I figure I should make an update here - - - life, work and other projects have had my attention much more than this.

I believe I fixed the aforementioned issue already, but I will need to double check. My laptop died in May and pretty much all of my software projects got put on ice as a result.

Nearly all I have left to do are the network/wifi configuration interfaces, maybe finish the api mode, clean up the database a bit more and this will be ready for an initial naomi/naomi2 compatible release.

@chunksin I don't mean to be petty or rude, however could you please post releases to your project in a thread of your own? It makes things confusing when I'm trying to figure out who's talking about what.

Apologies, I'll start another thread elsewhere. Looking forward to trying out your image when it's ready :)

Apologies, I'll start another thread elsewhere. Looking forward to trying out your image when it's ready :)
Thank you your your help, I really appreciate it :)

I'm not sure what you meant by elsewhere?
A new thread in this forum is definitely fine, it just makes this discussion kind of hard to read when there are two projects happening :P

Hey so I probably owe y'all an update.

I finally got myself a new laptop to do dev work on.
I also kind of impulse-bought an NNC so I'll definitely have a better platform to test changes with when it gets here, as well as more of an impetus to work on this.

I'm not making any promises but I'm hoping to bang the rest of this project out by xmas/EOY.

Back