What's new
Would be cool if someone could work out a converter that with no lag translates USB gamepads/fightsticks directly to JVS. Sorry if it's off topic.

We tend to skip over the idea of JVS, because power/audio/video are handled so well natively.

What if HAS included a USB-B header to connect to a JVS board/system?
Decoded (optionally remapping buttons) the inputs, and outputting everything to the DB15 ports?
Yeah! lag free please, and analog inputs would be very nice to have.

I need 3 of them!

analog inputs would be very nice to have
Analog inputs would require a larger connector, Mitsu used a DB25 for his Sega helper JVS board.
2jb09jp.jpg

- Encoders would be a treat (component and/or s-video + component), but maybe out of the vision of your simple design

- On board separate sync (EL1338 ?)
- If the board is ever made larger to accomodate more features, maybe hardwired BNC/RCA outs
- change the orientation of volume pot so it can be adjusted without taking the whole thing apart...

- USB decoder would be a nice thing too, although there are other products for that

I've had some weird issue with my HAS setup with sony pvm.
I've hooke up the HAS to CPS3 + RGB cable to PVM monitor, but the picture does not come out right "NO SYNC"
Ae5gmUP.jpg

8ILDxyq.jpg

YIh1tak.jpg

Go into the BVM inputs and make sure that you have the correct settings and set to RGB and not component and external sync.. I no longer have my BVM to look at the settings and where you need to change that otherwise I would have been you step by step instructions.

Hmm, did you set the sync to "external" in the PVM options? Does this PVM require termination?

Hi, i've adjust INPUT settings to RGB and toggle SYNC MODE options:

The color came up, the picture stop jerking around however it's super blurry and there is some slight distortion as well
i53jFnr.jpg

This is the settings menu on my monitor

1UmBtTY.jpg

Never use BVM in my life... I'm not sure what to do

The format is correct, it must be the sync mode... I had a PVM that looked similar but no slot/cards.
Are you sure the sync wire from the mini din-8 is connected to VGA pin #13 (H-sync) and the corresponding BNC is connected to input?

I've tried to toggle SYNC on/off,
when SYNC MODE = INT is OFF, the screen jerking around non stop
when SYNC MODE = INT is ON, no more screen jerking but as you can see the screen so blurry and there strange artifacts too

The format is correct, it must be the sync mode... I had a PVM that looked similar but no slot/cards.
Are you sure the sync wire from the mini din-8 is connected to VGA pin #13 (H-sync) and the corresponding BNC is connected to input?
Yes, I've used HAS RGB cable (made by RGB) and connect that to mini din 8.

So, it's a BVM not PVM. I can see that you have the SYNC set as INT (internal), while it should be EXT (external) - see if you have a physical button for the EXT sync on the front panel of your BVM (both my PVMs do have such button). I can't recall now, but the BVM card may also require the 75ohm termination caps for each OUTPUT.

I have the same issue with the bvm. It's too bright so the colors aren't deep enough even when I mess with the contrast and brightness. Been reading that the 75ohm caps might be able to fix. How easy is it to change the caps on the bnc cables?

still lookes the same to me. I find it weird that when it transitions to the next level, I get a small glimpses as it fades out on how nice it can look.

For BVM's you MUST have the 75 Ω terminators on all inputs or the picture will look too bright and you'll possibly see other issues. With PVM's typically you typically do not need termination. Of course make sure your HAS is ideally getting 5.00-5.04v.

I still don't have too much experience with the setups since I have not had much time to tinker with my monitors, but for the card you're using your setup should be:

FORMAT: RGB
SLOT NO: SLOT 6
INPUT NO: 123
YC SEP: ---
SYNC MODE: EXT
SCREEN MODE: 4:3-NORM

You can set EXT sync from the menu or using the buttons on the controller unit. Try toggling sync or pressing shift + sync and see if that does it.

Also, make sure you're editing the settings for the right channel being displayed.

Search "75 ohm BNC terminator" on ebay..usually you can find a couple or lot there cheaper than most cable specialty stores if you are having trouble finding them. If you order from China be prepared to wait a few months, so try ordering domestically or within the same continent.

I've adjusted the settings to the correct channel. The issue with the picture is that it's BLURRY, not that's it's too bright or anything. It's very very blurry, you can't even see any details. I've already oredered 75ohm bnc terminator and I hope these terminators can resolve the blurry issue

I've adjusted the settings to the correct channel. The issue with the picture is that it's BLURRY, not that's it's too bright or anything. It's very very blurry, you can't even see any details. I've already oredered 75ohm bnc terminator and I hope these terminators can resolve the blurry issue
Does the BVM work fine with other consoles/boards? to discard the possibility that the problem is the monitor itself.

Back