What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if its caused by the multi ...

My CPS2 has some image noise on the Sony BvM. Its some diagonally moving waves. CPS3 and STV are fine ...

What can be the reason for that? What can I try?

Thanks a lot!

What supergun are you using to output to the BVM?
Often image noise can be solved with a simply resistor/cap combo on the red/green/blue lines.

I say 75ohm and 220uf is a good base, but depending on the game you may need more or less resistance (image too dark or too lite).

Reactions: nio
The Mk30 Adcap. But as I said the other arcade boards are fine. I can try the HAS later on, if you think thats the reason. thanks

In my personal observations I've simply noticed some boards seem to produce more noise than others.
CPS2 is slightly noisy for me as well, when compared with other boards.

You'll also notice that some boards require more or less resistance to deliver the same levels of brightness as well.
I think it all comes down to differences in what was a loose analog spec to begin with.

I used a case from Jasen, but I did my own internals so I'm not sure if he has the resistor/cap combo.
On my HAS v3 I've never needed it, but I have needed to use the onboard sync stripper and adjust the RGB pot with various boards.

Reactions: nio
I ll test later to night. Its more noticable when dark.
Today I figured that the problem might be related to the sync striker. It looks like the provblem only exists when I use the sync striker with external power supply.

Back