What's new

mfny

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a recently acquired TTX+ here and a copy of King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match and cant get the game to boot.

I keep getting this error: http://imgur.com/kpNUQUX which I believe means that the video card in my system is not compatible with this game ?

That being the case what card would I need to get to make this game run specifically ? and would it need to be a card with a special bios or something or just any card with a particular GPU on it from ebay etc ?

if its a ttx+ kof98 wont work as it is a ttx1 game

if its a ttx+ kof98 wont work as it is a ttx1 game
But the TTX+ is just a TTX with higher end graphics options ? so if I downgraded the GPU I should be able to run it ?

pretty sure it was a different MB as well.

most PC based arcades run on embedded OSs which normally have a very striped down design.
for example most will only include the drivers for the specific devices it will have attached some will even add more to this that it will only allow the exact card to be there via loading based on a specific board ID.

this is why Nikos multi will not work on satellite builds of the TTX2 which come with a 9800gt.

it may be possible to switch out the GPU to get legit TTX+ games to load. but its possible it may not aswell eg if the MB is different.

the other option is to get a HDD img for a TTX+ game and then use the decrypted files for KOF98 on that to get it to work

pretty sure it was a different MB as well.

most PC based arcades run on embedded OSs which normally have a very striped down design.
for example most will only include the drivers for the specific devices it will have attached some will even add more to this that it will only allow the exact card to be there via loading based on a specific board ID.

this is why Nikos multi will not work on satellite builds of the TTX2 which come with a 9800gt.

it may be possible to switch out the GPU to get legit TTX+ games to load. but its possible it may not aswell eg if the MB is different.

the other option is to get a HDD img for a TTX+ game and then use the decrypted files for KOF98 on that to get it to work
I may just have to try a different video card but which GPU should it be for the "default" non plus TTX I wonder ?

So I fixed the error by buying a 7600 SE to use instead of the 9600 XT. Now I have a new problem...

Only 2 buttons + Start + Directions are working on my controller.

My set up is a bit unusual. I have this Supergun: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152257119363 and this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152219794435 Megadrive to NEO GEO adapter hooked up to a Capcom IO which is then hooked up to the TTX+.

Anyone know how I can get this working ?

That supergun has a little dip switch in the lower left corner, p1 / p2. looks like it also has a kick harness out via a db15? Do you have any of that stuff toggled correctly and/or connected to the capcom's kick harness?

That supergun has a little dip switch in the lower left corner, p1 / p2. looks like it also has a kick harness out via a db15? Do you have any of that stuff toggled correctly and/or connected to the capcom's kick harness?
Yes ive tried hooking up the kick hardess, no luck.

I think at this point I have a dodgy JVS board.

Sorry to hijack this thread - what GPU's are standard in a Type-X?

I've got an X+ too and am in search of the correct GPU and a multi-game HDD for it too, the only AGP ones I have lying around are ATI 9250's....

I want to run Shig'3 and Raiden specifically.

Back