What's new
I like having the LCD on a long cable so I can have it hang out of the coin door. Does the F3 and LCD come with a cable and how long?

Thanks to @kidpanda I have a Taito F3 in hand. We chatted about my ideas for an acyrlic case. I'm thinking my design will support both those that plan to use a red game shell and those that want an acrylic cover instead. I'll show more once I have a chance to draw up my design in Illustrator or CAD. If you've seen my NEO-GEO plates you have an idea of my previous work... but with the LCD screen and the unique F3 board I think I can have a little fun. ...but we'll see.

our extremely kind image packager
- I can confirm that Twin Qix has both regions in it. It's a completely different game in JP region.
Double confirmation

IMG_20170609_161412.jpg

How big is the complete library?
Need to order some SD cards soon, might as well order 1 extra

1GB should be enough... but because of the current prices I guess that it would be better to buy minimum 4GB cards-

1GB should be enough... but because of the current prices I guess that it would be better to buy minimum 4GB cards-
yeah I've found 4GB or 8GB usually have the lowest prices whenever I price hunt, and the price tend to go UP for cards smaller than that.

would anyone be able to upload a full F3 rom set? I wanna be properly prepared when the multi arrives

yeah I've found 4GB or 8GB usually have the lowest prices whenever I price hunt, and the price tend to go UP for cards smaller than that.
Because they're not making smaller cards anymore so the price is going up because they're still in demand for devices that don't support SDHC - 8gb is about the most common these days so I'd imagine they'd be the cheapest

which SD card brands do you guys recommend for use with Darksoft's multi's?

I've been using SanDisk class 10 cards in darksofts multi and Krizz's everdrives with no issues at all.

I've always used SanDisk and never had any trouble, tried a Lexar in a camera once and it failed so I'll stick with what I know

What I think would be a cool idea, is for Darksoft to do a bulk buy of the CORRECT sd cards and format and install everything but the roms onto each one and send them out with each board.

That way the end user only needs to get the rom pack and copy it over...

Is this a feasible idea?

Just a thought.

:D

I am happy to set up a Roll-Up for the F3, but I need a little help. If someone can hook me up with a full working rom-set, I will lay those down as the base. I would probably need someone PMing me when new stuff comes out though in order to keep the pack updated.

This is not the best time for me since I'll be traveling internationally from the 14th until the 5th. So it might have to wait until I'm back.

Back