What's new

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
I'm going to wire up Bomberman World to my two Astro Cities for some 4P action. However, I have no idea what I should do with audio. My Astros come stock with two 8 ohm speakers, so with the two cabs I have altogether four speakers that I want to output sound to. I don't expect stereo, I just don't want to blow up the amp on the board.

The manual for the game is here:

http://www.crazykong.com/manuals/AtomicPunk2.man.pdf

On page 16 the wiring diagram shows a single 8 ohm speaker. So how do I wire this up to four 8 ohm speakers?

Thanks for any help!

Nevermind. A quick google tells me this:

"A third way to connect four speakers is called "series-parallel" wiring. It puts a pair of series-wired speakers in parallel with another pair of series-wired speakers. The combined impedance matches that of one speaker."

Time to do some wiring.

For what it's worth I have linked Astro Cities, my friend helped me with making the link cables, and we're just passing the audio off the jamma over to the other cab, no amp issues.
linked-sf3.jpg

That's probably fine as long as you keep the cab volume dial turned down low. There's an easy test you can do. After turning it on, wait a few minutes and put your finger on the amp. If it's scorching hot, you're overworking the amp.

For peace of mind I'm just going to skip the volume dial completely and wire audio straight to the speakers.

HAd no idea that the pcb also supported 4 players! cool, thanks for the info. Would love to see a pic of bomberman running in 4 player mode with 2 cabs.

It looks like this:

bmworld.jpg

It's a really fun game! Naturally there's the regular four player tournament mode (what you would expect), however, what caught me by surprise is that the 'story mode' supports four players as well.

That looks glorious. Cool that the normal mode also supports 4 players!

Back