What's new
Wow, it's like a devil and an angel, one on each shoulder...
I was just going to solder the wires to the backside of the board/connector.
I can't be bothered with tracking down obscure connectors to make something socketed that will never be removed anyway.

My multikit is in fact already soldered to my B-board, as I had lost/damaged pins in shipping.

The hardest part for me will be upgrading the firmware on the multikit, I'll be asking my buddy for assistance with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone has a good link to purchase the required tool for flashing the firmware? (EU based)
Unless your CPS2 is from the very first batches you should be able to update the firm by just copying the file flash.img into the root of your microSD. If everything went well, the file will be gone after the update (4-5 secs).

If you still need one you just need it to have a SWD port and follow the instructions. You can buy i.e. from ebay or from here:
https://www.tme.eu/es/details/stm32...anque-para-circuitos-stm/st-microelectronics/
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/STM32F0-DIS...hash=item237f2b6163:m:m-2uHwHq8t8d2DZojwae3Cg

I'm not going to update any my hacks to be encrypted. Other than that one old proof concept i found last month (which was already encrypted). But, anyone is free to do that to them maybe even fix that soft lock in the ST color chooser hack can go ahead.

So I need a fan, it's not as bad as the one in @Mitsurugi-w video but it makes a racket.

My notes tell me this:

Pabst:
612FL - 60x60x15 - 12V - 16dBA - 2650 RPM (Max Airflow - 11.0 CFM)
612F - 60x60x15 - 12V - 27dBA - 3900 RPM (Max Airflow - 17.1 CFM)

The original fan has a rating of: 5000 RPM :D

Anyone have other recommendations ?

So I need a fan, it's not as bad as the one in @Mitsurugi-w video but it makes a racket.

My notes tell me this:

Pabst:
612FL - 60x60x15 - 12V - 16dBA - 2650 RPM (Max Airflow - 11.0 CFM)
612F - 60x60x15 - 12V - 27dBA - 3900 RPM (Max Airflow - 17.1 CFM)

The original fan has a rating of: 5000 RPM :D

Anyone have other recommendations ?
I second the Pabst 612FL recommendation; it's what I've used on all of my boards and they are great fans.

I am still interested if there were some previously non-decrypted ROMs that will now work because of this.
Perhaps different regions for a particular game might not have been decrypted. It would also be really cool to have all revisions of each game (not simply the latest), for people who want to compare. Some CPS2 games had many revisions. XMN, VMH, and MSH all had 4 revisions. XVS had 5 revisions and DD2 was the worst with 6 revisions.-ud
Vampire Hunter 2 is one of the games that didn't get decrypted.

So, just a question....

Is there really any discernible difference between the decrypts and the original keys? Other than "Tournament" readiness or sheer collector zeal?

Because I am perfectly happy with the current CPS2 multi. I'm also not strong in my soldering skills and the update seems a little beyond what I can do.

As to it running games that aren't decrypted things like Vampire Hunter 2 - these games will eventually get decrypted regardless of this announcement correct? Cause I would still like to play that one.

So, just a question....

Is there really any discernible difference between the decrypts and the original keys? Other than "Tournament" readiness or sheer collector zeal?

Because I am perfectly happy with the current CPS2 multi. I'm also not strong in my soldering skills and the update seems a little beyond what I can do.

As to it running games that aren't decrypted things like Vampire Hunter 2 - these games will eventually get decrypted regardless of this announcement correct? Cause I would still like to play that one.
The only real difference is global sprite data reading and writing at 0xFFFFF0 instead at 0x400000 aka really nothing at all.

So, just a question....

The only real difference is global sprite data reading and writing at 0xFFFFF0 instead at 0x400000 aka really nothing at all.
That and less drama if you want to use your DS kit on Twin Galaxies or something like that.

Not gonna lie, this has totally made my day. Just ordered the JST connectors from RS Components.

My multi is from January this year, I'm assuming the firmware update is just plug and play?

@Darksoft. Incredible stuff again. You are like John Wick, kicking ass all over the place, You my friend are relentless.

Thank you for all the work you do, may you always be blessed and graciously rewarded for all you do for the community.

Side note - one of my fav John Wick quotes:
"John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar... with a pencil, with a fucking pencil."

Back