What's new

freddiefiasco

Professional
Reaction score
Is there a place online where I can decipher the series of beeps for my TTX2?

On boot, I get 4, 2, 3, 3.

Quick searches give me general solutions towards re-seating the CPU.

I have issues with 2 of my boards and tried to find info also. From what I could find the first thing is to check the Ram. Re-seat it, check in another Mobo if possible. If using 2 RAM modules trying using 1 at a time in each slot. Then check the seating of the processor. Also check the processor in another Mobo if possible. Also test the power supply or try using another working power supply. If all the components work in a known working board then I haven't figured out whats the problem. My 2 I've tested using multiple parts in different configurations with no luck. I have a feeling my boards have a bad solder or failed cap somewhere but don't have the expertise or time to diagnose/repair it. I will get around to giving them to someone to have a look at sometime. Pretty disappointing hearing those beeps after trying everything to fix them.

Thanks for the tips! If it comes down to a bad cap, I'll let you know how this will turn out.

I ended up reseating the single ram stick I had in there and while the pc was disconnected, i reseated the CPU too. After that, it booted up fine. I will probably upgrade the P4 CPU to a Core 2 Duo and up the ram.
Thanks

Those beeps are standard in PC-land and are generated by BIOS (they differ between bios manufacturers). Judging from your description i assume the TX2 has a Phoenix bios, and the code would mean "extended block move". If i google on that it seems to be graphics card related.

edit: list of phoenix bios beep codes:
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/phoenixbeep.htm
A google on "bios beep codes" or something similar will give you similar lists.

Those beeps are standard in PC-land and are generated by BIOS (they differ between bios manufacturers). Judging from your description i assume the TX2 has a Phoenix bios, and the code would mean "extended block move". If i google on that it seems to be graphics card related.

edit: list of phoenix bios beep codes:
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/phoenixbeep.htm
A google on "bios beep codes" or something similar will give you similar lists.
Yes, how coincidental, I checked those codes first before even assuming it was specifically a TTX2 issue. I'm wondering if my GPU is on its way out. It seems to be working now even though I haven't touched the GPU. I looked more into the extended block move message and this is similar to behavior when swapping out GPU or removing GPU and using onboard graphics for memory allocation configs. I'm not sure if TTX2 performs the same way but there could have been a time when I booted the TTX2 without the GPU plugged in and somehow was trying to allocate memory for onboard graphics use then the beeps started again.

Who knows...either way I'm going to keep my eye on it.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Back