What's new
The games with more complicated protection are really hardly worth the time, bounty or not.
That ^
Beyond Punisher and Caddies & Dino's, I'd say everything else isn't really worth the effort (but some people really do love WoF).
Guilty as charged. Though I fortunately have an original WoF board - would love a Punisher and C&Ds if I could ever find them for close to reasonable money

Slam Masters isn't my thing, but I do know people who are fans of it so for that reason alone I'd like to see it ported.

But if we can get Punisher, C&Ds at 100% that would be the 2 most popular (and most expensive) games sorted and put them in the hands of many more people who just want to play them.

But if we can get Punisher, C&Ds at 100% that would be the 2 most popular (and most expensive) games sorted and put them in the hands of many more people who just want to play them.
Punisher is at like 99.9% with just the occasional graphical anomaly, I've played through multiple times. I like C&D, but I'd love to have Slam Master done more. I dropped a ton of coin on it in the arcade, and used to have the SNES cart (its flashed onto my SNES mini!)

Slam Masters 2 is such a disappointment though =(

Hold on, back up - I didn't mean "the games aren't good enough to be worth the time". I meant "the amount of free time that must be invested in such tedious work for the low number of games is not worth even the generous bounty".

how different is the hardware between the games? I got a wof and would love to play slammasters or punisher. :)

how different is the hardware between the games? I got a wof and would love to play slammasters or punisher. :)
You can convert one CPS 1.5 game to another if you use a desuicided ROM set, or with an original ROM set if you go the extra mile to program the decryption keys with an Arduino. I converted a Slammasters over to Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.

The problem is that CPS 1.5 boards are far more rare than CPS2 or regular CPS1.

If he has Warriors of Fate already then he's good to go :)

All CPS1.5 hardware is the same, there's no differences or extra boards/customs specific to any games. Capcom was pretty good with that in general actually.

I have some news... @neocps1 has sent me his pretty advanced conversion of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs :) with the hope of someone to finish it.

Let me quote:
" Well, I tried to find a solution to layer over sprite priorities by trying to insert in the sprite display list at the appropriate time some tiles above sprites but it uses this functionnality too much so i left it.
Basically you could simulate a high top level tile layer above sprites to emulate this functionality but it would be complicated.
In punisher for example, based on current level and player position, i alter scroll priorities. the most obvious is the start of level 2 with pool
otherwise the player would walk on top of trees.
As you can see, it's not a simple fix and there are many places like this in this game.
I 'd have to play again and again with the debugger to find useful places in memory"

Good news is that I got his permission to release just today. So... as soon as I have it converted to multi format and more or less working....who's gonna try to fix it??? @trap15 @mikejmoffitt

What's different about this release from the last Punisher release? I thought the last one was pretty close already?

One would assume that this is not punisher but another game, presumably WoF.

One would assume that this is not punisher but another game, presumably WoF.
My guess is Cads and Dinos, since he had worked on this one previously and had some Youtube videos showing it running.

Any addition is absolutely welcome!

Frankly I am not too interested in working on doing a hack on top of someone's hack, especially if it's in binary format... Trap's is probably a better starting point, since it sounds like his is just as far if not further.

Back