What's new
OK. Latest update on this. So that you can see that this is real, I agreed on the following terms of course, pledgers need to agree on this.

We split the payment on 2 parts of 500 USD. The 1st payment will allow me to release the conversion as it is right now, that will give you a very good idea of where we are. With those 500 USD we are buying the conversion as it is. When he fixes the remaining bugs, he'll get the remaining 500 USD.

As soon as Please confirm if you are OK with that.

Thanks.
All regions?Work made public so others can take up the reigns from there without having to disassemble the ported roms in order to do so?If yes, I'm fine with sending my $100 up front.
1) Only one region2) Romset will be released to everyone. If by work you mean notes or info on how it was converted, probably he'll provide some info, but we should count on having to disassemble this.
I think for the price, info on how it's been converted should be provided.

One of your selling points was that it would "pave the way" for future games.

We also can't use the same method to get the other regions working if this info is not available.

Having to disassemble the work to re-create it seems like a largely unnecessary hindrance when sharing the notes up front would save everyone after this point a lot of time and effort.
I agree. I'll see what I can get.

I'm fine with applying my $100 pledge now towards the $500 now, $500 later release of Punisher.

@Darksoft, does Neocps1 have any interest in tackling another CPS 1.5 game after Punisher is complete?

I'm fine with applying my $100 pledge now towards the $500 now, $500 later release of Punisher.

@Darksoft, does Neocps1 have any interest in tackling another CPS 1.5 game after Punisher is complete?
I'm afraid he doesn't want to work on more games.
In that case I think it becomes even more important that we get all the notes. That way whoever picks up the others can start on even footing.

I originally said $50 for the donation towards everything, but a lot of that is for Saturday Night Slam Masters. I'm ok with pledging $20 for the 2nd tranch of this donation towards punisher, as long as we get the notes.

Punisher was one of (if not) the first CPS1.5 games
3rd release (following Warriors of Fate and C&D).-ud
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs would be my preference.
Lol, this sub-convo isn't about preferred porting order. Jassin was speculating that Punisher coding was most similar to standard CPS1 because it was developed first/early. It was actually the 3rd release of the 5 CPS1.5 games.
-ud

Well @neocps1 did start work on Cads and Dinos already after his work on Punisher.

Wow, that's a big start! Even though he said he didn't want to work on other titles, hopefully he's willing to at least release that in its current state!
-ud

I'd be willing to put my $50 towards Punisher as well, as that's the one I'm most interested in.

Well @neocps1 did start work on Cads and Dinos already after his work on Punisher.
Wow, amazing work there, we need to hire @neocps1 and get him a team to work on this.

Come on guys get these donations up, pass the word along, everyone that has a CPS2 multi should donate to this cause. Even if they dont own one, they will be able to convert a cps2 game to Punisher or C&D, I for one would love to have dedicated cps2 boards of Punisher & C&D. We have a member base of 3700, even if only 1/4 of those members actually donate $20, it would raise about $18K =O

I say we go ahead and get the working Punisher rom completed at the $1000, plus all notes on the process, along with whatever work was done on C&D as proof that the work can be done. And then, should we consider opening up a crowdfunding campaign to get the rest of the games converted??? This has the potential to be a huge success in the arcade community I think.

I'll put in $25 of my promised $50. The other $25 will be for the second payment.

Maybe the problem is we want to negotiate for a conversion package (including more than one game) but neocps1 would like to offer conversions on a game-by-game basis?
I suppose if C&D is really that much harder/more time consuming than Punisher it's worth more, I'm just afraid that we would end up paying out over 5,000$+ for the entire collection doing it this way.

@neocps1 also did some porting (not sure what percentage complete) of Pnickies and SFII CE. Both of those would be nice to throw into the mix for reference.
-ud

Whats the latest tally on donations???
The donation tally is current. I don't see any new donation offerings since post 80 unless I'm mistaken.

If you want me to figure out who's offering what for now vs end of Punisher, I can figure that out too, but I think we're around 350 ready now from a glance.

Last edited:
Back