What's new
Might have to do some rearranging of files. That's what I get for releasing without testing a new change!
EDIT: File arrangement has been fixed, go for it.

Last edited:
Found my notes, where most of the stage palettes are stored on WW each of these is a bank for one of the gfx layer probably 8x8,16x16, and then 32x32. There is most likely one for sprites(it is in a weird place on SSF2T).

0xC0000
0xC5000
0xCA000

This is so awesome!
More CPS1 games on this the better IMO.

I personally would love to see 1941: Counter Attack running on this. That’s another CPS1 game that isnt widely available to play via ports (unless you have a Supergrafx)

This is so awesome!
More CPS1 games on this the better IMO.

I personally would love to see 1941: Counter Attack running on this. That’s another CPS1 game that isnt widely available to play via ports (unless you have a Supergrafx)
I'd love to see CPS1-> CPS2 conversions. It's a lot of work thouhg. From graphics and code side is the same as CPS 1.5 -> CPS2 AFAIK. Then the sound should probably be doable. But please let's not overdose this with propositions. Let's leave the experts work on CPS 1.5 -> CPS2 and we'll take it from there. Once that's been mastered, convert the CPS1 games should be much easier IMHO as only sounds will be left to convert.

Yaaaasssss

BEvZkfBm.jpg

Thanks MM!

This conversion is great, thank you for the hard work you've put into this.

One minor issue I noticed is the game crashed when I went to test mode on real hardware w/ the CPS2 multi. Doesn't really matter though, your default settings are perfect. :D

One minor issue I noticed is the game crashed when I went to test mode on real hardware w/ the CPS2 multi. Doesn't really matter though, your default settings are perfect. :D
Does this happen reliably? I've had this happen once or twice, but I've gone in there probably almost a hundred times by now. The EEPROM code is the last thing I did, and it's definitely not as verified as everything else.

It plays beautifully and I love the JAP intro with the word 'Turbo' :)
I wish I knew how to do what you guys do!
Im guessing the CPS1 (edit) music/round and country sounds etc are an impossibility to use on CPS2, but u know what, still extremely enjoyable all the same!
Amazing work, thank you so much

Last edited:
Yeah, the JAP turbo is what does it for me in this one. I've always had this on the SNES back in the day, and this intro was used there as well :)

Thanks again Mike, also love the config menu you did, it's a really polished piece!

It plays beautifully and I love the JAP intro with the word 'Turbo' :)
I wish I knew how to do what you guys do!
Im guessing the CPS1 sound effects etc are an impossibility to use on CPS2, but u know what, still extremely enjoyable all the same!
Amazing work, thank you so much
Actually other than the music the sound effects are the correct CPS1 ones, re-used from Hyper SF2 Anniversary.

Apologies, edited above. I was more so noting that the demo intro music, 'round 1 fight', 'you win' , countries e.g. 'china' etc being from Anniversary and imagining the impossibility to convert over from CPS 1 (which had the duller sounding voice)

As mentioned above, plays beautiful, very grateful to even be playing it on the multi kit and it is very enjoyable as it is :)

I didn't experience any of the concerns entering the test menu either

Excellent work!! Thanks again!

Last edited:

Does this happen reliably? I've had this happen once or twice, but I've gone in there probably almost a hundred times by now. The EEPROM code is the last thing I did, and it's definitely not as verified as everything else.
Nope I haven't had it happen again so far, just the first time I went into test mode to try it out.

Ive tried this on the CPS2 multi (running original firmware) along with Punisher and just get a flash failed message my other games all work fine what am I doing wrong?

what am I doing wrong?
please provide always as much information as possible, if you want to get it solved. Are you using a version ready to use with the CPS2 Kit? Do you see the name of the conversion on the LCD Display? what happens when you hit OK in the LCD? Starts writing? How long before the error shows up?

Back