What's new
Would it be possible to convert a 92631C-6 board into a 90631C-5 board?

I've just picked up Captain Commando (converted from a SF2 maybe?). The CNI01 and CNI02 connectors are there, but they don't appear to be working when I connect a 3 player / 4 player harness.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to convert a 92631C-6 board into a 90631C-5 board?

I've just picked up Captain Commando (converted from a SF2 maybe?). The CNI01 and CNI02 connectors are there, but they don't appear to be working when I connect a 3 player / 4 player harness.
We need more information. What is the B chip type on the C board you have?

Here’s a pic of the C board.
A538CFBA-3B21-46B6-ACEA-76A7227CCD37.jpeg
CPS-B-21
DL-0921-10014
C140 2AA 4P

Are either of the PALs responsible for mapping the extra inputs? Given the way it is wired, I doubt it, but I don't know these C boards too well.

It should work unless there's a fault on the C board.
Thanks for the heads up. I had a go at swapping the C board with a SF2T board that is the same 92631C-6 model, but sadly it didn’t work. I also put the “Captain Commando” C board onto SF2T to confirm that it is working ok. Lastly, gave the A board a swap, just in case, but that made no difference.

Are either of the PALs responsible for mapping the extra inputs? Given the way it is wired, I doubt it, but I don't know these C boards too well.
That would be interesting to know.
I’m also wondering is perhaps it’s just an iffy conversion. Played on it properly today, and noticed that there’s some sprite priority issues, such as foreground stuff showing behind the characters.

Back