What's new
I mean, if you weren't *literally* on the other side of the world, I'd be there in a heartbeat to play it :)

Who wants to make link cables for the CPS2? I'd buy one for the D&D games alone, and really you could use it for AvP too...
AvP across 3 cabs :thumbsup:
I am so jealous of that 6P X-Men - I've never seen one in the flesh
Post courtesy of wigsplitter over at AO :D

wigsplitta said:
It's taken 7 years to get three cabs. And a year to realise how cool this game is. So when a few people popped in for a couple of hours...
AvP3P :awe:
I can now die a happy man :lol:
Siry4AU.png
Also wiggys:

file.php

8)

I couldn't have done it without you Franco :love:

Owning multiple cabs and multi player games means that some VS harnesses are a must. I got the first 2p harness from Franco, and a couple of others off YAJ a few years later. They daisy chain together to link 4 cabs without any issues, and I made up a couple of different looms to complement them - a 3p and 4p loom for konami games, and a 3p loom for CPS2 games.
I ran out of cables/pins, otherwise it'd have been a 3p&4p loom for the CPS2. I must get round to finishing it off so that I can play a bit of 4 player D&Ds 8)

Meant to say in reply to the OP, here's an example of what is required for the 4P D&Ds setup:

4P CPS2 control loom (top loom, needs a few more wires!)
bgKfvjH.png

Video/Audio harness:
7v9YxYn.jpg

Good luck, hope you get it sorted :thumbup:

4P on 4 cabs must be awesome :thumbup:

Here's a couple more ideas.

I did this one for someone who wanted P1 and P3 on the host cab and P2 and P4 on the second cab:

i-twcWsKJ-X3.jpg

i-ZSGVgdW-X3.jpg

i-zvp4CPT-X3.jpg

i-p2RjVSd-X3.jpg

These are just standard VS looms but you can add staggered connectors for feeding the loom through glory holes
icon_pubjoe_eyebrows.gif

i-Gw9vJVP-X2.jpg

i-KfGw7vn-X3.jpg

I did once do a combined Vs + 4P loom for someone but I can't seem to find any pictures of that. It was a fun old job anyway :evil: :sleeping:

Fuuuuuck those things are so beautiful. Any words of wisdom for someone with zero experience looking to follow in your footsteps?

@Blackfish @xodaraP I had incorrectly assumed that the system used three monitors, but the basic gist is that a single board with multiple video outputs, and kick/input harness. :)
Yeah the board has 2 seperate video output and 4 extra kick harnesses.

Seeing all these cabinet linking looms is making me want to make up a bunch of single player CP's for my Exceleena's and link them together.... More work haha pretty impressive though.

Fuuuuuck those things are so beautiful. Any words of wisdom for someone with zero experience looking to follow in your footsteps?
Thanks!

My 'words of wisdom' would be planning, practice and a couple of gallons of flux :D

Cable manufacture is pretty easy, it just takes a bit of forethought and practice to get things neat. In regards to actually soldering wires/fingerboards etc my best advice would be to dip or brush your wire in liquid flux and then tin it with with leaded solder. Apply some flux to your edge connector/fingerboard/other wire etc and tin that as well. Then hold your tinned wire against your tinned component, add some more flux, tin your soldering iron and then bring your iron to the wire/part to be soldered to and it should all flow beautifully together :)

I'm more than happy to help with anything else, just give me a shout.

Is @FrancoB coming out of retirement?!!!
@jugu Trust me...you'll know, because 3/4 of the members on every arcade forum on the web will have this look on their face!!!

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/300x300/55690024.jpg

@FrancoB In all seriousness. You're the best! :D

@Blackfish Those Xmen cabs are beautiful...and a beast to move. I have a friend that has one, and working on it is not really fun. Pulling the control panel away from the back half of the cab was interesting though! Congrats on keeping yours kicking!

You guys :love:

I really wish I could still offer wiring services as I used to really enjoy it. I simply don't have the time or space now and trying to wire big looms up on a tiny desk isn't as much fun.

Who knows though, maybe one day when I have a bigger place :)

Happy to help out where I can in other ways though :thumbup:

@Blackfish Those Xmen cabs are beautiful...and a beast to move. I have a friend that has one, and working on it is not really fun. Pulling the control panel away from the back half of the cab was interesting though! Congrats on keeping yours kicking!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to finishing off the wiring and getting it going again. It's by far the hardest thing I've ever had to move around. So heavy and awkward. It took 4 people to get in in the trailer and then about 2 hours for me to get it back out by myself. Needed to have ropes set up to stop it tipping, a trolley jack and a movers dolly. Pulled the main cab half way out then tilted the trailer to lower the end down. Was very stressful. I'm not looking forward to ever moving it again. I will also never do it by myself.

Yep. Can't say that cab is the nastiest thing I've ever moved/built....Elaut's "The Big One" and Smarts "Giant Crane" take the cake for that, as they are 8'x8' rooms with the crane trolley and everything....and you have to built each wall, and then fit em all together, and the Elaut one makes you do all that, on a rolling platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc0a_5Xq96g

Last edited:
Back