What's new
Well, thats a hard question
Because even a jvs, and even a fast io have limitations, as to what controller is plugged into them Meaning you could have a fast io, but with out the gc controller its not going to be very playable with said joystick setup
so I am going to assume you mean what stick and button games are playable on both

For JVS, You have the option to run nikos multi and boot all original None fast io games, Everything form Kof 98 To Kof Climax, to street fighter 4 arcade edition
You cannot run most nesica titles, however there is a few you can and those are battle Fanstisa, 3d cosplay mahjong, Samurai spirits sen , BBCS2 and kof climaxx nxl version both accept fio and jvs.

With JVS you are also able to run Nikos, JVS to keyboard code, thus turning your jvs device into a keyboard as seen by windows xp, this enables things like mame and other home-brew apps to control.

For Fast io, You can run every game designed to run on a fast io, so games such as ultra, nxl titles, ect including nikos multi however your not able to then go and play JVS titles, however
Corey has released a fast io to keyboard much like the one above, that enables you to homebrew up just about any software you would like

as to what id say is best, well personally a real rfid and fast io, because you can then play just bout everything, today was a jvs, is limited.
Actually with my multi, you can use FastIO to play JVS or FastIO games. As I've written a FastIO to JVS library, and from the few games I've tested, its actually brings JVS games up to the speed of FastIO due to blocking nature of functions the game has to call in order to poll the I/O.
I finally manage to have the fast io board running…..I have two questions if possible…It's normal that JVS games like sf4 for example, give me IO error if i use fast io instead of jvs?

With your FastIO to Jvs, it could be possible to run some fast io games that give me 0203 IO Error?
Someone pointed out the SF4 bug to me the other day. I'll have that fixed in the next release.
The only FastIO game that is supported in v1.4 of my multi is BBCS2, all the other FastI/O games are Nesica games which give you that error because you do not have a RFID reader attached. When Taito retires NesicaXLive, I'll add support for the Nesica games into my multi. Including RFID emulation so you wont need an RFID reader.
So without a RFID reader there is no point to trying to play the Nesica games?

Well, thats a hard question
Because even a jvs, and even a fast io have limitations, as to what controller is plugged into them Meaning you could have a fast io, but with out the gc controller its not going to be very playable with said joystick setup
so I am going to assume you mean what stick and button games are playable on both

For JVS, You have the option to run nikos multi and boot all original None fast io games, Everything form Kof 98 To Kof Climax, to street fighter 4 arcade edition
You cannot run most nesica titles, however there is a few you can and those are battle Fanstisa, 3d cosplay mahjong, Samurai spirits sen , BBCS2 and kof climaxx nxl version both accept fio and jvs.

With JVS you are also able to run Nikos, JVS to keyboard code, thus turning your jvs device into a keyboard as seen by windows xp, this enables things like mame and other home-brew apps to control.

For Fast io, You can run every game designed to run on a fast io, so games such as ultra, nxl titles, ect including nikos multi however your not able to then go and play JVS titles, however
Corey has released a fast io to keyboard much like the one above, that enables you to homebrew up just about any software you would like

as to what id say is best, well personally a real rfid and fast io, because you can then play just bout everything, today was a jvs, is limited.
Actually with my multi, you can use FastIO to play JVS or FastIO games. As I've written a FastIO to JVS library, and from the few games I've tested, its actually brings JVS games up to the speed of FastIO due to blocking nature of functions the game has to call in order to poll the I/O.
I finally manage to have the fast io board running…..I have two questions if possible…It's normal that JVS games like sf4 for example, give me IO error if i use fast io instead of jvs?
With your FastIO to Jvs, it could be possible to run some fast io games that give me 0203 IO Error?
Someone pointed out the SF4 bug to me the other day. I'll have that fixed in the next release.The only FastIO game that is supported in v1.4 of my multi is BBCS2, all the other FastI/O games are Nesica games which give you that error because you do not have a RFID reader attached. When Taito retires NesicaXLive, I'll add support for the Nesica games into my multi. Including RFID emulation so you wont need an RFID reader.
So without a RFID reader there is no point to trying to play the Nesica games?
RFID readers are really cheap and easy to find, if you are able to find a fastIO DMAC and PCB you can get an RFID reader no problem.

I've got a couple without the covers if anyone needs one.

The games with an I'd starting with a 4 do not need a card reader. Anything with a 3 does. 3 of the games starting with 4 use a fastio to jvs emulator made by taito

Let me see if I can find some on YAJ, I got my whole FastIO setup from one guy in the states I got very lucky.

Here's an auction I found on YAJ for two of them:

buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/q273612619
Well that's 50% cheaper than I've come across... nice.
I've got a couple without the covers if anyone needs one.
DM incoming...

This thread is funny to me... Yes of course FastIO is going to come out on top if you are talking about a system like X2/X3.

How about the fact I'd rather play anything on Sega Naomi or Namco 256/246 over anything else on X2/X3?
So what's FastIO good for then? Aside from X2/X3 nothing!

When I have been unlucky enough to have received a FastIO in a Vewlix cab, I sold it and replace it with JVS right away.
Ripped this PoS out of my Diamond...
OG675d6.jpg

This thread is funny to me... Yes of course FastIO is going to come out on top if you are talking about a system like X2/X3.

How about the fact I'd rather play anything on Sega Naomi or Namco 256/246 over anything else on X2/X3?

When I have been unlucky enough to have received a FastIO in a Vewlix cab, I sold it and replace it with JVS right away.
That's why you have a JVS and a FastIO cabinet or use a Jammafier! ;)

OG675d6.jpg
Sega Naomi over X2, I could understand someone having that preference. But System 246/256? That's just cray cray

not now theres a 246/256 reprogrsmable dongle so you can play anh game...

OG675d6.jpg
That's what JAMMAFIER is for :)

oLOQMIMl.jpg

I'm a little lost with your setup there @sammargh.

Taito Type X2 (or x3) -> Fast I/O board -> Jammifier -> JVS Cab

Do I have that right? That's like ALL the arcade standards in one chain. That's nuts!

@connor, do you have a picture of how you're using the jammafier with FastIO?

I ask both of you because I have a Vewlix F with Fast I/O board, and trying to figure out if I should buy a JVS I/O board to use with jammafier for Jamma boards.

Last edited:
I'm a little lost with your setup there @sammargh.

Taito Type X2 (or x3) -> Fast I/O board -> Jammifier -> JVS Cab

Do I have that right? That's like ALL the arcade standards in one chain. That's nuts!

@connor, do you have a picture of how you're using the jammafier with FastIO?

I ask both of you because I have a Vewlix F with Fast I/O board, and trying to figure out if I should buy a JVS I/O board to use with jammafier for Jamma boards.
VGA plugs directly into the Type X2 not the Jammafier this is a slightly incorrect picture from when I was getting it set up but it was what I had on my phone at work.

You'll plug audio and the JVS USB cable into the Jammafier, video into the Type X2 then connect the Jammafier to the Taito PCB and straight through ethernet from the FastIO PCB to the FastIO DMAC in the Type X2. Does your Vewlix CP have a built in card reader? You'll need one of those too for FastIO.
20190214_144949.jpg

If you want to play JAMMA boards on your Vewlix that is wired for fastIO then rewiring to JVS and using a Jammafier would be the "easiest" option but it still seems like it'd be a pain to do making that big wiring harness. A JVS cabinet would let you play JVS, JAMMA and FastIO titles without mangling your wiring, once you rewire from FastIO to JVS you would be set.

Last edited:
You can also use JVS2FastIO right with Niko’s menu?
Should less complicate your setup?

Back