What's new

decimata

Student
Reaction score
Greetings! I've been reading the forums for a while now, but only recently decided to create an account and actually post something. Mostly because my girlfriend says all I talk about is retro games and arcade machines.

I own a original Killer Instinct arcade machine that I've finished restoring and sadly am going to have to post/sell soon because I'm moving :( However I am building another arcade machine that is a little lighter and takes up less room (OLED or LCD screen instead of CRT, I know, not as awesome, but space constants)

Anyways, love arcade games, SNES is my favorite system ever. And when I"ve made some progress with my new machine I'll post pictures.

Welcome decimata,
As a fellow Boston (Somerville) person let me first say I feel your space constraint pain... I sold my Blast City back in the spring, now I just have Superguns and scalers hooked to expensive low lag LEDs.

I wasn't never huge with KI, mostly it stems from my hate of "dial-a-combos" (did you see what I had to say about MK3/UMK3). ;)

I also love arcade games, and yes SNES is also my fave console system ever!

Have you been to any of the local Bit-Fests?

This was from BF3... My CPS2 SG rig with Darksoft's multi cart (I'm not in this picture)
IMG_20150605_183131%25257E2.jpg

BF1... SNES SF2 Turbo, I'm on the right side
13.png

Welcome. I LOVE Killer Instinct. I think mostly because I remember when it first came out and Graphically and Sound-wise it had no equal. The lines for people to play it rivaled when MK2 first hit the arcades. Those were crazy times.

I have a KI and KI2 dedicated machine in my home arcade.

Bit-Fest looks pretty good. I may have to make it out for the next event. I've got Game Underground about 2 towns away, which seems to satisfy my arcade fix. The new machine could always EVENTUALLY have KI in it with a super gun....

But ya, I picked up the Fight Stick Xtension Pro from Rec Room Masters, and the cabinet is pretty awesome so far.

Back