What's new
What if the board has failed to retain/store a key because of damage?
By using decrypted ROMs you'd never know, but once you tried to restore a key if the board's ability to store it was damaged it would suicide when you inserted the original encrypted ROMs.

Yea you could install a Darksoft multi on such a board, but no point doing the wires/using encrypted ROMs.
not so very long ago i remember people saying to not take a living cps2 board as a donor, that's why i used one a few months back.

Or am i mixing something up?

@MoppelTheWhale up to a few months ago using a board which runs on battery was considered killing it.
Now you can restore keys, and take every suicided/phoenixed board and make it run on battery again like original, so no longer a big deal ;)

i know it just looks like now it seems like "killing" is the better option because i can revive it :D - i use a phoenixed one without battery and it doesn't matter - every time i start it up the key gets written again, so i have original roms and no battery that could leak.

But your phoenixed board was working before you installed the multi, many broken boards are advertised as ‘suicided’.
So you don’t want to pick up one of those, and blame it on the multi if it doesn’t work ;)

Definitely pick up a working board before installing the multi :)

that's why i suggested using a working phoenixed board - i know the board works but i don't need to "kill" a working one, battery already removed, so no leakage there...

i think we all just misunderstood each other :D

Last edited:
that's why i suggested using a working phoenixed board - i know the board works but i don't need to "kill" a working one, battery already removed, so no leakage there...

i think we all just misunderstood each other :D
If you have a no sucided CPS2 and I install multi kit I must phoenix it? What's the key writing update? For the next pre oreder are already installed?

If you get a fully working non-suicided board, remove the battery and install the multi.
Then you have a choice of running decrypted roms and install 1 wire for reset or run encrypted + keywriting.
For that you need to install 4 wires between the multi and B board.

All multi’s are delivered with latest firmware which has that function.

THX just need to instal the kit like on the last version about instruction book. Kypted + keywrting is it the best?

Yes, if you install the additional wires for keywriting you run 100% original/unmodified code, 100% similar to original board

maybe found marvel vs capcom green A+B 220 euros. No mod and run with original battery. It's seem good condition. is it good?

maybe found marvel vs capcom green A+B 220 euros. No mod and run with original battery. It's seem good condition. is it good?
That’s up to you, is it worth it for you?

If I would be in the market today for a donor for the multi, I would go for a less expensive boardset like Xmen:COTA, SFZ etc...
But then again, I wouldn’t mind if it is a rev. 3/4 board and needs a new PAL ;)

installed
I just grabb 3 days ago a green jap Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter original Capcom CPS2 B-board with Pal G and rev. 6 on it( https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Sup...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 ) ! For that board i paid 120 $ + 48 shipping + 140 $ with free shipping for a green jap A board (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Capcom-CPS...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) ! It's a great price if you can grab that one ! Also i wanna thank you for this theard because here will find all infos from now on, if you wanna start to play Cps2 games with Darksoft's jewel !

Also thank you guys (PascalP & Darksoft) for all your provided infos !

Last edited:
yes buddy... can be ... but for 15 ... 20 $ in + ... it's fine ... because the shipping cost everywhere is not cheap

I just sold an SF Zero A & B for £150 delivered - so there are reasonable prices PCB's to be had if you're prepared to wait & look....

Is it possible to find an extension cheapier? 20 euros is it expansive ?

Back