What's new

bobbydilley

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post something interesting i've found today, which I haven't seen any videos of before.

I managed to get hold of a copy of a netbootable .bin file for hotd2 and after setting it to Free Play mode it allowed me to start the game.

Although the title screen graphics are quite badly broken, the game graphics look to be pretty much intact and the game seems to function, however at 15% of the original speed! (Also note I skip the start sequence in the game, thats not an error).

I was wondering if there was some sort of clock speed value in the Naomi bios rom, that is different in the original HOTD2 bios that was sped up so newer games could run faster? It we could find the value etc. possibly it could be added to a custom bios rom that would Netboot the game and run it at full speed.

Anyway heres the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNEvHS2dvro

Thanks for the info - I have actually seen this before, and if you look the guy doesn't actually get into the game, I think i've made progress on him as I've managed to start the game which I haven't seen anyone do before.

Also the hacked bios netboot thing is one approach, however I've shown here that the game seems to operate okay just very slow and so there might be others way to get to a working game!

There is tons of info about HOTD2 and why it does not work as well as progress on hacking it on this site. Please use the search function to find it so we don't start yet another repeat thread. :)

Sorry my bad, I get a bit lost with the enormity of the 'Games Fixed to work with DIMM' thread! :D

Please feel free to remove/freeze this thread.

Back