What's new
Did you receive this error after selecting a game on first boot, or where you playing another game prior to the one you tried to launch before getting the error?

I just wrote the drive and on first boot of the drive any game I choose gives me this screen.

Ghostbusters did their job too well?

Ghostbusters did their job too well?
:D It certainly seems that way.

To follow up, I did get a game to boot every once in awhile last night, just for completeness' sake I did hook up another Sega I/O I had on had and it did the same thing. SO I'm kinda baffled as to what is going on here. I do wish I had another working Type X on hand to test. Also, anyone looking at the Type X mobos on ebay from Yaton? Don't bother, he's not testing them. My first one was DOA and the second one he sent me had a struggling PSU. Also three of my friends bought one and they were DOA too and they just got refunds. I got broken shit that I paid for. Buyer beware.

That error has been haunting me.

It seems to be slightly drive related.

I am working on a fix but not a lot of time these days.

That error has been haunting me.

It seems to be slightly drive related.

I am working on a fix but not a lot of time these days.
OOOOOOHHHHHH, ok. Oh man, I thought I was having some serious issues. Thanks for making this by the way, when it does work I leave the game on for 3 or 4 hours anyway. ;D Also if this helps, the first drive I did was IDE and the second was sata. Both of them do boot from time to time, so it's good to know you can use either type of drives.

Today it was able to boot so while it was working I decided to reboot a couple of times. When I was on the multi menu if I counted to ten and then loaded a game ten out ten times it would boot.

So to revisit this, I tried on several different machines and began to notice a pattern. If I let it boot on any machine I use it in, when the multi menu pops up, I count to 10 and without touching anything and any game I choose boots right up. Not sure if this helps anything just thought I would post it up. Tried about 20 different boots across 8 different machines.

Today it was able to boot so while it was working I decided to reboot a couple of times. When I was on the multi menu if I counted to ten and then loaded a game ten out ten times it would boot.
Thank you for the feedback, you have hilighted the core of the problem :D

The original TypeX, X2 etc save configuration data to the D: disk. My original multi just placed all the files on the root of D with interesting results.

When @Niko did his multi he used a different approach.

Using the subst mechanism in Windows he created a "substed" D: drive, like this.

Code:
C:\>subst  D:  c:\Raiden_III

C:\>subst
D:\: => C:\Raiden_III
One important thing to note is that in order to do accomplish this we need to delete the D: drive.
Since the TypeX employs UWF (Read-only filter) on drive C: the D: drive will automagically be recreated when the system is booted.

So when booting up:UWF - Recreate drive D:
Start menu from c:\TtxMulti

The existing design uses a launch file which is written to drive D:

When you select a game in the multi a file is written to drive D: containing the game to launch, but since the system is "recreating" drive D: the file does not really exist on the disk, this is why you get the: no entity error.

There are other mechanisms we could use to select the game, pipe, drive c:\ but this method does not work with autoboot, autoboot must have a file written to a persistent disk.

I tried to move the launch file to a small partition called F: which worked a lot better but the problem moved to the subst command instead.

tl;dr

I need a program snippet which will tell me when drive D: has been recreated properly.

If anyone has a suggestion, I am all ears.

My next thing to try is using GetDriveType() to determine if it returns: DRIVE_FIXED.

And if not wait a bit and retry until it is done, or just wait 7 seconds after starting :D

@rtw What's the best GPU supported by the multi? Well, the best that will work with all the supported games.

Almost like the X line of arcade machines are pcs, and will run anything that was designed to run on windows :)

It should also be capable of running my theme vertically, although id suspect performance would be awful on an ide channel socket 478 cpu
So... Anyone game?

I tried the drag 'n drop instructions under the TTX2 Multi thread, I can see 'Frontend' in the game list, but launching it brings me to a black screen...
I guess there are appreciable differences between the TTX1 and TTX2 multi? @Niko

I'm running 2GB RAM with a 3Ghz processor ready to drop in as well as a Sata SSD... hopefully that will improve performance...

Finally got around to installing this properly, great work @rtw and friends!

This is how I did it:
* "KingDian S200 60GB" for 17.64USD, shipped(!) from AliExpress
* USB3 to sata adapter (no external power needed for SSD)
* The windows utility in first post to write raw images
* Attached to SATA port on motherboard + a HDD to sata power adapter I had laying around.

Very simple, pretty much for free - and since the SDD is fully caged I simply wedged it between the case and the cables

IMG_1368.JPG

This is how I did it:
* Attached to SATA port on motherboard + a HDD to sata power adapter I had laying around.

Very simple, pretty much for free - and since the SDD is fully caged I simply wedged it between the case and the cables

IMG_1368.JPG
Any reason you went the USB3toSATA route instead of using an IDE to Sata converter board?

This is how I did it:

IMG_1368.JPG
Any reason you went the USB3toSATA route instead of using an IDE to Sata converter board?
The USB3toSATA was used from laptop to write image to SSD, in the type-x it's native SATA with no conversion.

A few times, i have the menu
Most of the time, i just have the blue background after white cursor appeared briefly (no any windows at all)

If the menu appears, i have to wait a few seconds before starting a game otherwise :
Ttxshell 4.12
"error, no entity: d:/TypeXmulti/launch (0x5)"

edit : reburn image same issues

I'm using an SSD Transcend 32GB TS32GSSD630
CPU Celeron 2.5GHz RAM 256Mo original
GPU ATI 96600 SE original

Need to change HDD ?

Last edited:
has there been any update to this "wait 10 second" Problem ?? ;)

No updates, did a bit of testing and it seems like there is an issue with when the drive becomes ready.

Have not had any time to run any tests ...

I'm trying to run this multi on my Type-X+ it's a Rev C mobo and I think it was originally for a Battle Gear 4 Tuned setup.
I'm running a 9600SE with the "JAMMA BIOS". Some games will just launch to a black screen and stay there. other games will boot but throw an Application error on game.exe

TGM3 will boot and start attract mode but as soon as it get to game play (either by coining up and starting or by attract mode looping to gameplay) I get this error:
ttx1p_tgm3_gp_error.jpg

I can enter test mode and all of the test mode options work EXCEPT for the sound test, trying sound test I get this error as soon as I attempt to play a sound:

ttx1p_tgm3_snd_error.jpg

I've tried the stand alone TGM3 image on an IDE drive, and the multi image on an SSD and the the results (in TGM3) are exactly the same.

The X+ has a soundblaster card, I've tried removing it and playing with just the onboard sound but it made no difference.

@penrhos you said you got the Multi Running on an X+, did you do anything other than change the graphics card? Also what mobo revision were you running? @corey do you have any experience with the X+ or what this issue could be?

Can you disable all sounds from the test menu? If so does it work then?

That's not an option. I don't think I've ever seen a game that let's you disable all sounds.
If I disable attract mode sounds it makes no difference. It still crashes in the same spot during attract mode.

Back