What's new

chinitosoccer

Student
Reaction score
Just received my SF New Generation cart modded for standard SH2 and superbios, but I can't run any games, soon as I turn on the board it shows the usual "not enough memory, install more bla bla" I have 64mb simms on slots 1 & 2, 128 on 3 & 4 and 32mb on slot 5.

Tried to do a checksum, quick checksum, and write... but I don't know what all these codes mean:

I already tried to clean the contacts on both the ram chips and cart pins as someone already suggested, what else?

PS: I also noted that in the game selection menu I have problems to select some games, as if some titles from the list could not be selected, when I move the joystick up or down it skips some, don't know how to better explain it, is this normal?

My understanding of the CPS3 SuperBios is that it requires the same SIMM setup as Third Strike board to run (please, someone correct me if I am wrong):

GameSlot 1Slot 2Slot 3Slot 4Slot 5Slot 6Slot 7
Street Fighter III: New Generation64MBit128MBit128MBit32MBit or 128MBit
Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact Giant Attack64MBit64MBit128MBit128MBit128MBit
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Fight for the Future64MBit64MBit128MBit128MBit128MBit128MBit

More data can be found at the Arcade Otaku website about the SIMM layouts. I currently have the 2nd Impact setup and require 1 - 128MBit SIMM in Slot 6 to run the SuperBios. Darksoft is currently getting some crafted here for order: CPS3 SIMM

We are just waiting to hear if the production run is successful and we can order some.

When I tried booting up my SuperBios cart, CPS3, and CD the other day, I just got a black screen. I was hoping that I could at least run 2nd Impact but it didn't seem to be the case.

You need:-

2 * 64M in slots 1&2.
4 * 128M in slots 3-6.

Slot-7 is empty.

Or it won't work - you need to swap your 32M for a 128M and add another 128M for it to work in your board.

"nem" over on Arcadeotaku has some for sale or Darksoft is making some if you can wait until they're ready...

Failing that keep an eye out for dead CPS3 boards you can strip for the simm's you need.

I see, So even for games such as New generation and Warzard I still need the 3rd Strike setup? I.E. 2x 64mb + 4x 128.

PS: my cart is modded for both superbios and has a standard SH2, I thought I could do something with this setup even without having the 2 128 simms.

It's correct. The SuperBIOS requires four 128mb SIMMs to run any games. It has to do with the way the encryption is bypassed. Once you have the SIMMs you can play any game. I think I tried to explain all of that to you. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Understood, what you can tell me about those codes in the pcitures I posted?, is there a way to know if some of simms I already have are faulty?

Understood, what you can tell me about those codes in the pcitures I posted?, is there a way to know if some of simms I already have are faulty?
Not really. Usually if they are detected they are ok but not always. I could send you some files you could use to test them. You would just go to the disk in the files part of that menu and select a file to write. Or just wait until you get a few more simms and try to write a game.

Back