Wangan midnight maximum tune 2 force feedback help

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Wangan midnight maximum tune 2 force feedback help

      I recently picked up 2 wangan midnight maximum tune 2 cabs running chihiro hardware. Both cabs have issues with force feed back. 1 cab throws an e20 error all the time during boot checks. The other cab throws e20 error only once in awhile. When error is not thrown the force feedback works intermittently. Normally it works for first few minutes or so than stops but games still plays normal just no ff. The manual really isn’t any help. It pretty much states replace steering board when error is given without any other troubleshooting details. Disabling steering power in setting allows game to boot and play with no ff but that’s not as fun.
      Both cabs steering boards look identical but the numbers are slightly different. The one that works sometimes is v315 str pcb. The one that never works is v257 str pcb.
      Does anyone have any experience with fixing these boards. Maybe there’s a usual suspect with these. If not I can send 1 at a time be fixed.
      I’ll even buy one if anyone has them available for sale. I not sure what prices are like but there are 2 on eBay that are stated to be maximum tune 3 boards. They look exactly the same besides the version number. Also the board says namco Bandai rather than just namco like my other boards. Are the all compatible?

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ThisGuy ().

    • There's a post around here can't remember it but it's by winteriscoming and Macbeth or something, screwed up his name sry. I got the same problem I just turned off the power to steering and lived without it. Got no time to repair mines. It's playable but without the force-feed back.
    • ThisGuy wrote:

      Both cabs steering boards look identical but the numbers are slightly different. The one that works sometimes is v315 str pcb. The one that never works is v257 str pcb.
      I had this issue in the past.
      Both the v315 and v257 work the same. v257 came with WMMT1/2.
      v315 originally comes with WMMT3/DX/DX+.

      The issue I found on mine was due to a faulty fuse connected to the PCB in the cab.

      These fuses are in a pair. Once i replaced them, error code e20 went away.

      Your situation may vary but i would start there checking with the cab connections and the FFB.

      imgur.com/XV9Yr3y
    • freddiefiasco wrote:

      ThisGuy wrote:

      Both cabs steering boards look identical but the numbers are slightly different. The one that works sometimes is v315 str pcb. The one that never works is v257 str pcb.
      I had this issue in the past.Both the v315 and v257 work the same. v257 came with WMMT1/2.
      v315 originally comes with WMMT3/DX/DX+.

      The issue I found on mine was due to a faulty fuse connected to the PCB in the cab.

      These fuses are in a pair. Once i replaced them, error code e20 went away.

      Your situation may vary but i would start there checking with the cab connections and the FFB.

      imgur.com/XV9Yr3y
      Wow didn't notice the fuses. I will check over on Christmas when I got a little time. Mines are missing so I would get some new ones. Thanks @freddiefiasco for the upload on the fotos
    • I uploaded the this if it helps.
      Images
      • FB_IMG_1545620651578.jpg

        43.41 kB, 720×960, viewed 108 times
      • FB_IMG_1545620654980.jpg

        33.52 kB, 720×960, viewed 103 times
      • FB_IMG_1545620648000.jpg

        62.02 kB, 720×960, viewed 100 times
      • FB_IMG_1545620643919.jpg

        34.54 kB, 720×540, viewed 99 times
    • freddiefiasco wrote:

      ThisGuy wrote:

      Both cabs steering boards look identical but the numbers are slightly different. The one that works sometimes is v315 str pcb. The one that never works is v257 str pcb.
      I had this issue in the past.Both the v315 and v257 work the same. v257 came with WMMT1/2.
      v315 originally comes with WMMT3/DX/DX+.

      The issue I found on mine was due to a faulty fuse connected to the PCB in the cab.

      These fuses are in a pair. Once i replaced them, error code e20 went away.

      Your situation may vary but i would start there checking with the cab connections and the FFB.

      imgur.com/XV9Yr3y
      i checked all fuses with a meter and all are good
    • ThisGuy wrote:

      Gonzo wrote:

      @freddiefiasco what kind of cab do you got. I mean wangan 1,2 or three. Because the one I got is 2 but it's the same for 1. The manual I have only shows 1 fuse and the cab only got one fuse
      both my cabs have slots for 2 fuses but only have the 1 on left side wired to be used
      mines too, but on the right hand side. I'm going to trace where these wires go just in case. And going to check the voltage that goes in and out the PCB just in case.
    • Gonzo wrote:

      @freddiefiasco what kind of cab do you got. I mean wangan 1,2 or three. Because the one I got is 2 but it's the same for 1. The manual I have only shows 1 fuse and the cab only got one fuse
      I have a WMMT1 converted to WMMT3 console. 1, 2 and 3 use the same wiring.
      There are some cabs that have 1 fuse, mine just happens to have 2. If i have some time this coming week, I will try to trace both fuses and see where they go. In the manual, it only shows wiring for 1 fuse for whatever reason. I will give that reason once I collect more data for you.
    • freddiefiasco wrote:

      ThisGuy wrote:

      both my cabs have slots for 2 fuses but only have the 1 on left side wired to be used
      Can you try loading a different game in your cab (MKGP 1 or 2) and run a FFB check in test mode? I'm curious if E20 appears during this test.
      I only just got pic for netbooting yesterday but have not had time to set up yet. I do not yet have a triforce or n2 to try mkgp or wmmt3. Besides wmmt 1&2 are there any other chihiro games that need the namco feedback board? I think the other games require Sega stuff
    • freddiefiasco wrote:

      I can't remember if Crazy Taxi uses FFB but you can try either Crazy Taxi, Outrun 2 or WMMT1/2. These should generate a signal for the FFB.
      I got my PIC for netbooting and tried. When I try to NetBoot any chihiro games the boot but reset eventually pretty quickly. I realized though that the io I have is only good for wmmt. Crazy taxi has no start button and outrun says error 12: jvs board does not meet requirements. Which jvs board is need for other games?
      I also tried changing region to see if the resetting stops but I can not get to region change option. I go to system settings and hit test 30 times. I get the game Id to show but never region change option no matter how many times I press it.
      Also from what I’ve read crazy taxi does not have ffb and outrun needs different ffb board
    • ThisGuy wrote:

      I got my PIC for netbooting and tried. When I try to NetBoot any chihiro games the boot but reset eventually pretty quickly. I realized though that the io I have is only good for wmmt. Crazy taxi has no start button and outrun says error 12: jvs board does not meet requirements. Which jvs board is need for other games?
      I also tried changing region to see if the resetting stops but I can not get to region change option. I go to system settings and hit test 30 times. I get the game Id to show but never region change option no matter how many times I press it.
      Also from what I’ve read crazy taxi does not have ffb and outrun needs different ffb board
      Let me try on mine this evening and double check on my end. You may have other error codes to sort out before the FFB issue can be addressed.
    • freddiefiasco wrote:

      ThisGuy wrote:

      I got my PIC for netbooting and tried. When I try to NetBoot any chihiro games the boot but reset eventually pretty quickly. I realized though that the io I have is only good for wmmt. Crazy taxi has no start button and outrun says error 12: jvs board does not meet requirements. Which jvs board is need for other games?
      I also tried changing region to see if the resetting stops but I can not get to region change option. I go to system settings and hit test 30 times. I get the game Id to show but never region change option no matter how many times I press it.
      Also from what I’ve read crazy taxi does not have ffb and outrun needs different ffb board
      Let me try on mine this evening and double check on my end. You may have other error codes to sort out before the FFB issue can be addressed.
      Ok thank you so much. Also can you please let me know what jvs io your using that allows playing of those 3 racing games.
    • The Namco JVS I/O isn't going to be that useful for other games besides Mario Kart. The Sega Type 1 can work for all Chihiro driving games, but it won't be fun adapting WMMT to use that AND you'll lose at least one button because it's one that WMMT uses that isn't available on the Type 1.

      You'd have to do some digging, but there are a few threads about this FFB board around here and some pretty thorough breakdowns of the theory of operation as well as troubleshooting tips. One even lists out the error codes and their meaning. I'd link to them, but I'm on my phone at the moment.

      The Namco FFB board will only work with WMMT and Mario Kart. It won't work for Outrun 2 and Crazy Taxi doesn't use FFB.
    • winteriscoming wrote:

      The Namco JVS I/O isn't going to be that useful for other games besides Mario Kart. The Sega Type 1 can work for all Chihiro driving games, but it won't be fun adapting WMMT to use that AND you'll lose at least one button because it's one that WMMT uses that isn't available on the Type 1.

      You'd have to do some digging, but there are a few threads about this FFB board around here and some pretty thorough breakdowns of the theory of operation as well as troubleshooting tips. One even lists out the error codes and their meaning. I'd link to them, but I'm on my phone at the moment.

      The Namco FFB board will only work with WMMT and Mario Kart. It won't work for Outrun 2 and Crazy Taxi doesn't use FFB.
      Thank you. I will be ok with sacrificing one button with wmmt. 1 is for refuse vs and other is to change view. If i can get rid of refuse vs button that would be perfect. Hearing you say it wont be fun adapting wmmt cab to use io worries me. Would it be possible just to build a plug kinda adapter to switch easily between io boards if needed?
      I think i have found and been through the thread listing error codes here. It lists E00 - 15 only. You actually mention a little down "I believe the E20 error is generated by the game". I have not found much else on E20 error
      Having the namco FFB board only for wmmt and mario kart is ok with me. I would like to get a triforce for mario kart eventually when I find one.