OpenLSA - Large Scale Attraction Emulator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OpenLSA - Large Scale Attraction Emulator

I thought I would create a separate thread for this project, away from my Let's Go Jungle Special thread to keep these things apart.

Over the years SEGA has released different games in a 'special' format, which often involves a large room, with one or more large projector screens and some sort of moving seat with air and light effects. For these games to start up properly, like with every other game requiring the correct JVS I/O board, these games require the correct large scale attraction (LSA) controller board. The aim of my project is to create an emulator (initially in python) which pretends to be the large scale attraction that the game is expecting; this will allow it to startup properly and to play.

The repository for the code and R&D is here: github.com/bobbydilley/OpenLSA

Currently the games I believe this will support it:

- Let's Go Jungle Special
      - The House Of The Dead 4 Special

I also think it could support:

- Jurassic Park : The Lost World Special

My aim initially is just to allow the game to play, and not worry about doing anything with the outputs. This will be used with my OpenJVS software to allow the game to be played to its full potential. I'll update this thread as the software takes shape.
      OpenJVS | OpenLSA | Arcade Blog

Own: Naomi / Chihiro Type 1 / Chihiro Type 3 / System SP / Lindbergh x 2 / Galeco Power 3D / System 246 Rack C
      Want: Time Crisis 1, Time Crisis 2, The House Of The Dead 1, The House Of The Dead 2
    • Conclusions of the project so far:

- The extra controls for the attendants tower etc. in the large scale games run off of the 'control board' and not the JVS board.

I've also got a good start as to what the 22 reply bytes mean:

Source Code

1. 46 - 0xC0
      2. 47 - UNKNOWN
      3. 48 - POSSIBLE NUMBER (16) - THIS NEEDS TO EQUAL 1 INITIALLY I THINK! CAN EQUAL 3
      4. 49 - UNKNOWN
      5. 50 - BUTTONS/SENSORS
      6. 51 - BUTTONS/SENSORS
      7. 52 - BUTTONS/SENSORS
      8. 53 - UNKNOWN
      9. 54 - CONTROL BOARD PROGRAM - POSSIBLY (1, 2 = Failed, 3 = Unknown)
      10. 55 - CONTROL BOARD USB LOADER - POSSIBLY (1, 2 = Failed, 3 = Unknown)
      11. 56 - CONTROL BOARD APPLICATION - POSSIBLY (1, 2 = Failed, 3 = Unknown)
      12. 57 - CONTROL BOARD SUM
      13. 58 - CONTROL BOARD SUM
      14. 59 - CONTROL BOARD SUM
      15. 60 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
      16. 61 - CONTROL BOARD INFO (POSSIBLE SWITCH CASE)
      17. 62 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
      18. 63 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
      19. 64 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
      20. 65 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
      21. 66 - UNKNOWN
      22. 67 - CHECKSUM
      Display All
      OpenJVS | OpenLSA | Arcade Blog

Own: Naomi / Chihiro Type 1 / Chihiro Type 3 / System SP / Lindbergh x 2 / Galeco Power 3D / System 246 Rack C
      Want: Time Crisis 1, Time Crisis 2, The House Of The Dead 1, The House Of The Dead 2