What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
Partnered with a buddy years back where we picked up Candy cabs. Those stayed at his place for the most part. But this was the first cab I picked up on my own. The most expensive cab I have set me back $350 and that was a Q-sound Big Blue. While I didn't spend quite this much for this one, I definitely overpaid for it. It came with a Pitfighter PCB which is worth next to nothing. It is a Dynamo HS-1 and had an atrocious button layout. Immediate buyers remorse. I have since replaced the CP with a legit Dynamo SF2-style CP. Spent most of the day giving it the HyperSpin/MAME treatment.

Tomorrow, I am trading it for a beat-up Dynamo HS-9 running MvC2 with a pristine monitor. Pics to come then. Pretty funny how things work out in the end.

PitFighter.jpeg

Are you sad to see it go? I mean, I don't have as much love for my cabs as I do for my cars, but I remember when my first car got towed away to the junk yard after someone totaled it I had massive feels. Same thing when I traded in my second car.

Once I restore the two other cabs I have then I'll probably have a closer connection to them.

Hell no. Glad I found a taker for it. I think in terms of monetary equity, I am a slight loser or even:

$20 Xin Mo controller PCB
$20 Core 2 Duo based Dell PC
$10 Radeon HD4350
$3 12 volt adapter
$3 TDA7297 sound amp
$1 Mini Jack cable
$6 Power distro block
$8 VGA Breakout board
Plus the cost of the cab

But I managed to trade it in for a 25" cab w/K7000 monitor. The cab is beat up, but that is ok. Nothing a little elbow grease won't fix. If I spruce up this cab and I can sell it for much more. It is just funny when I started this hobby a year ago (check my signature link) and reflecting about it now.

Lol sounds like you are pretty happy to get rid of it. Pics of the new Dynamo when you get it pls!

IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG
Boom! Comes with the marquee and moves strip. Nothing a little bondo and paint wont fix....

IMG_1115.JPG
View attachment 2014
Here is why I put in all the effort. Capcom I/O!!! Still has the screws in the MvC2 cart. Green Dipswitches!!

Attachments

• IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    539.5 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    516 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 319
Oh man perfect fit in the truck. Congrats on the cool find!

Back