What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
There's a lot of info about converting GDROM titles to cart. But what about from one cart to another (assuming same cart PCB)?

in many/most cases cart games is protected, you can't simply put data from one game to some other cart.
there needed to use cracked games. people call these cracks "Net-boot conversions" lol

The Jorge guy made a biz off selling the Naomi 2-in-1 carts because no one else can do 'em.

there needed to use cracked games. people call these cracks "Net-boot conversions" lol
So can the netboot roms be used for this purpose? Or is cart security incredibly different from the GD-Rom security?

there is nothing hard or special, its just no one else interested to do this
maybe YOU can do it, but I'm saying right here and now that others have tried and FAILED to replicate his carts (even understanding how his BIOS works).

used for what ? can you be more specific ?
For converting one cart game to another.

Say I have 171-7919A cart PCB, and want to put a different 171-7919A game onto it. Can one use the netboot roms to accomplish that?

Like use Virtua Tennis netboot roms to put on Virtua NBA PCB.

but I'm saying right here and now that others have tried and FAILED to replicate his carts
This isn't exactly the topic of the thread, but who failed? I thought that the biggest problem with his 2-in-1s are that they required expensive donors like Akatsuki Blitzkampf. And so everyone gave up because it wasn't worth it.

maybe YOU can do it, but I'm saying right here and now that others have tried and FAILED to replicate his carts (even understanding how his BIOS works).
I'm sure number of people from this forum can do the same.
moreover, how do you know it was Joerg who did that BIOS/games binaries ? ;) he may ask (or hire) some skilled person, who able to do all the magic, and then use that binaries until the rest of his life (or demand on such NAOMI carts).

Like use Virtua Tennis netboot roms to put on Virtua NBA PCB.
yes, somewhere at this forum was my post explaining how to do that (data conversion part).

On a related note, if someone can bootleg me a VOOT 5.66 cart, or at least burn the ROMs for me so I can run a live monitor without spending 900 dollars or running a ridiculous netboot setup for such a bespoke purpose, I'd be 100% into that and would be willing to do a labor trade of some sort. I've already got a Virtua NBA I intended to use as a donor.

Back