What's new
I'm using the multi bios. The one which you select the region with dip switches. According to my notes the one I downloaded (god knows from where) was based on 21576h version...

I did pack my Naomi stuff because its instabilities in CF boot scenario really pissed me off and one day I packed everything related to Naomi in a box and moved it out of my sight.

I'm using the multi bios. The one which you select the region with dip switches. According to my notes the one I downloaded (god knows from where) was based on 21576h version...I did pack my Naomi stuff because its instabilities in CF boot scenario really pissed me off and one day I packed everything related to Naomi in a box and moved it out of my sight.
yes i tried with that one too but sometimes it boots with the gdrom/cf readr attached and many times not.
So totaly unreliable.
For sure some "bug" into the 4.02 bios.
Since with the netdimm top board all was stable and the boot rate is 100%

I'm using the multi bios. The one which you select the region with dip switches. According to my notes the one I downloaded (god knows from where) was based on 21576h version...I did pack my Naomi stuff because its instabilities in CF boot scenario really pissed me off and one day I packed everything related to Naomi in a box and moved it out of my sight.
yes i tried with that one too but sometimes it boots with the gdrom/cf readr attached and many times not.So totaly unreliable.
For sure some "bug" into the 4.02 bios.
Since with the netdimm top board all was stable and the boot rate is 100%
Hey @glstar I am having the same issue. My regular Dimm was updated by Mitsurugi-w himself. Did you ever get any to work? I acquired some 5 or so Dimm's that I want to convert. Now it seems I should hold off.

yes i tried with that one too but sometimes it boots with the gdrom/cf readr attached and many times not.So totaly unreliable.For sure some "bug" into the 4.02 bios.Since with the netdimm top board all was stable and the boot rate is 100%
Hey @glstar I am having the same issue. My regular Dimm was updated by Mitsurugi-w himself. Did you ever get any to work? I acquired some 5 or so Dimm's that I want to convert. Now it seems I should hold off.
So you have the same problems as me?
This confirm that the mod is done correctly and that this should be caused by some sort of bug in fw 4.02.
This problem seems to be related only on Naomi (1/2), but not on Chihiro or Triforce.
I really hope someone could figure it out.
I done several tests but seems to be all random....

What type of power are you using?
I had similar issue after upgrading mine. All my netdimm were working but the non-net was just not booting at all.
I was started to suspect that my bios was bad solder but was not, a nice and clean work.
Then i started to suspect the buffer was gone, it didn't, i changed it with a new one same problem.
At the point i just started to do ABC's, becAuse many times i'm too confidential of what i believe to already know, and i do find infact the problem, the damn Capcom i/o i was using.
For some reason, capcom and sega i/o's are NOT powerfull enought for dimms, in particular for older models, don't even borrow you to regulate voltage, even if they are perfect, it just wont work. I have take new power cables for BOTH connectors, tied them to a good pc psu and all the dimms were working flawless, they boot all the time. Just note that old non nettdims are much slower than netdimms to power up.

Last edited:
Capcom and sega are not good for dimms, they boot them randomly or they did not boot them at all. I spared a whole day trying to figure it out and when i used a pc psu 500w, i never had any problem, never. Might be my case but to people i have suggest this they solved the boot problems

Capcom and sega are not good for dimms, they boot them randomly or they did not boot them at all. I spared a whole day trying to figure it out and when i used a pc psu 500w, i never had any problem, never. Might be my case but to people i have suggest this they solved the boot problems
You know, you might have a point. I use my Astro City to test these things. That rig always has it's the 5V and 12v feeding through the Jamma edge connector. Perhaps I can disconnect the 5v and 12v from the Astro City PSU and only feed the Naomi Sun PSU. Come to think of it, we have been having issues with Atomiswave games booting to black screen. Perhaps this might fix it too.

I can't experiement on this since I just sent my Dimm to Mits for another look. But we can take another look at the Atomiswave2Naomi games.

I have a new astro, mine too. Also have capcom i/o and sega. They work, i mean, all voltages are ok but with dimms are incongruent. It must be power absorbing at this point, because if i put carts on it it's fine, but the dimms are mostly refused. Thosedimms are power hungry bastards.
I have also read that those sun psu are not reliable, i might just try a newer pc psu. Good luck :)

Back