What's new
I haven’t even read over the other thread yet, but I will take as many chips and boards as needed to convert 3 of these.

V3 Dual Daughterboards have been purchased. They came out to $1.29 each.

I've reached out regarding the chips and will report back with the price per chip, then reach out for payment on both chips/daughterboards.

All PM's sent. Most people have paid.

I've paid for the chips along with DHL shipping so it won't take a month or two.

Will update everyone once they've arrived! Time to buy some little boxes.

I'm not really going to be around much today, but I got this very annoying update from the chip supplier this morning, despite being told they'd ship out today or tomorrow after I paid for them.

I'll PM everyone individually tonight or tomorrow and see what everyone wants to do. I'm pretty annoyed about this.

Did this happen to you @darknezz19 ?

Screenshot_20231027-082818.png

No they didn't change the price on me. I imagine they are on to this chip being back in demand, like the am29f032b went up in price after snes repros started happening. I'd try to negotiate with him, or try the other 2 suppliers that had good prices.

http://www.fchips.com/ Price per unit $3.10 Slow shipping $15
lynn@fchips.com
Low price but forgot to ask for pic of stock. Might be worth fallowing up on.

www.chip1cloud.com Price per unit $2.95 FedEx International Economy is 'about $31'
numwan@vastee.com
They said they send pics of the ICs once order is placed. Low price but shipping is up there. Weird that the website domain doesn't match the contact email.

Here is the webpage used to source all the leads, along with the ones not listed.
https://www.digipart.com/part/F0095H0

No they didn't change the price on me. I imagine they are on to this chip being back in demand, like the am29f032b went up in price after snes repros started happening. I'd try to negotiate with him, or try the other 2 suppliers that had good prices.

http://www.fchips.com/ Price per unit $3.10 Slow shipping $15
lynn@fchips.com
Low price but forgot to ask for pic of stock. Might be worth fallowing up on.

www.chip1cloud.com Price per unit $2.95 FedEx International Economy is 'about $31'
numwan@vastee.com
They said they send pics of the ICs once order is placed. Low price but shipping is up there. Weird that the website domain doesn't match the contact email.

Here is the webpage used to source all the leads, along with the ones not listed.
https://www.digipart.com/part/F0095H0
Thank you so much. I'll reach out to both of these and ask for stock pics tomorrow morning.

If we get a better price I'll refund everyone the difference, if it's worse I'll ask everyone what they want to do individually.

Same price and only shipping changing I'll cover it.

I wouldn't ask for a stock pic, don't think any of these suppliers have the stock on hand. Maybe the guy did with my order, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they all have to source them through a 3rd party, and then they add their mark up. I would just ask nicely from now on for a pic of the chips before they are sent out.

Lynn has also come back with 8.50/ea.

I've PM'ed everyone. Group order will go forward for anyone who wants to stay in and chip in their additional $4.30 per chip. But I need a head count sooner than later.

If there's any wiggleroom for me to get in for enough chips and daughterboard to do a cart for myself, I'd like to squeeze in, but understand if I'm too late.

If there's any wiggleroom for me to get in for enough chips and daughterboard to do a cart for myself, I'd like to squeeze in, but understand if I'm too late.
There's enough wiggle room now. I'll send you the details this afternoon. Got a busy morning but tried to catch up with everyone who got back to me.

Still waiting for a bunch of replies.

PCB's have shipped though and that's good news.

Very tentative good news.

The final distributor got back to me last night with only a few pennies over our original price, and shipping's $3 more. I asked her if they are on hand and she has checked the price recently as I had a bad experience after paying with another seller. She's said that the price is accurate and can ship in a couple days. I got an invoice and I've paid her out of my own pocket for these for the time being.

If she ships in a couple days as promised, I will refund everyone the extra that sunnlyic was asking and have them refund me for the entire order.

If she doesn't ship inside a couple days we'll just press forward with sunnlyic and their sudden price gouging.

Best case we get the originally agreed upon price (more or less) and everyone walks away happy.

Worst case we pay the extra, and I end up with an additional 65 of these and uh, I guess I'll be making carts for an eternity.

Got the roundabout and price change from this one as well... Pretty unimpressed, got told "Oh, sorry was looking at the wrong stock list, that price is for refurbished chips. We'll need additional payment to process your order for the new chips." blah blah. Probably not worth risking anyone's money with what very likely means used chips of who knows what quality or if they're original.

@Koala_Koa @Horseboy I need to know which way you want to go. Pay the extra 4.30/chip, or back out, or change the number of chips.

Reminder to self to reach out back to @the Goat after final count.

On the upside, the PCBs have arrived, and I haven't gone over all of them yet, but they look very good at a glance!

Back